Maxnet New Promotion

quiksilva

max140709_1.jpg

Anyone looked into this, or anyone have it yet?

Seems too good to be true?

Im pretty sure that's only for Thailand as that's all they can ever guarantee but would be interesting know what the intl speeds are like on a setup like this!

Edit here's a review from a Thai website!!

http://www.internetcafe.in.th/showthread.php?t=3933

Actually not sure if you can post links to other forums here, but in summary the guy was getting 9.6mb down and 0.82 up in Bangkok and Jakarta, SG was download dropped to 7mb and up to 0.75mb, Japan 3mb down and 0.3up, San Fran was 3.5 down and 0.5up, and Seoul was 6.5 and 0.6

Edited by quiksilva

Did you read the bit at the end about the reviewers international speed results?

in summary the guy was getting 9.6mb down and 0.82 up in Bangkok and Jakarta, SG was download dropped to 7mb and up to 0.75mb, Japan 3mb down and 0.3up, San Fran was 3.5 down and 0.5up, and Seoul was 6.5 and 0.6

Did you read the bit at the end about the reviewers international speed results?
in summary the guy was getting 9.6mb down and 0.82 up in Bangkok and Jakarta, SG was download dropped to 7mb and up to 0.75mb, Japan 3mb down and 0.3up, San Fran was 3.5 down and 0.5up, and Seoul was 6.5 and 0.6

you may want to read this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Www3bbcoth-Maxnet-t279684.html

Ok...sorry didnt see that thread (Mods feel free to merge this into the other if you like) which I felt was mostly based on pure speculation, none of those posters has shared any hard results.

The guy in the link I shared has posted his international speed test results, which look quite a bit better than what has been assumed by the posters in that thread, and certainly much better than I am getting on TOT's platinum cyber package.

• 2 months later...
max140709_1.jpg

Anyone looked into this, or anyone have it yet?

Seems too good to be true?

Im pretty sure that's only for Thailand as that's all they can ever guarantee but would be interesting know what the intl speeds are like on a setup like this!

Edit here's a review from a Thai website!!

http://www.internetcafe.in.th/showthread.php?t=3933

Actually not sure if you can post links to other forums here, but in summary the guy was getting 9.6mb down and 0.82 up in Bangkok and Jakarta, SG was download dropped to 7mb and up to 0.75mb, Japan 3mb down and 0.3up, San Fran was 3.5 down and 0.5up, and Seoul was 6.5 and 0.6

Marketing!

I have Banglamung Cable Internet 10 MB....Torrents blocked, international speed slow, Thai very fast.

1,200 Baht a month if I remember correctly.

I better use Maxnet Premier 3 MB at the same price.

Cheers

They can easily sell you bandwidth...they don't have....

Al these companies come out with promotions to get more customers...but do not increase their available bandwidth...

scam.....

ANYONE THINKING OF USING MAXNET TAKE NOTE OF THE ABOVE - ITS ALL TRUTH !!!

Al these companies come out with promotions to get more customers...but do not increase their available bandwidth...

scam.....

That's all very well but as all the companies are at it, who do you suggest someone needing a new internet connection signs up with? It may not be very good but if it's the best available what else can you do?

scam.....

That's all very well but as all the companies are at it, who do you suggest someone needing a new internet connection signs up with? It may not be very good but if it's the best available what else can you do?

Yes I agree. It seems for all the research that I do on users comments its 50% positive 50% negative. So what to do? :)

I know someone who is paying over 3k a month with CSLoxinfo connection and says its stable but thats not available everywhere and out of my budget....

scam.....

Yes I agree. It seems for all the research that I do on users comments its 50% positive 50% negative. So what to do? :)

I know someone who is paying over 3k a month with CSLoxinfo connection and says its stable but thats not available everywhere and out of my budget....

I'm thinking of going with the premier basic package, but really don't know. Some say Indy is rubbish but i have a friend who says it works well for him.....as you say...what to do?

I've had the Maxnet 10/1 MB for about two months now. On average I must say I am quite satisfied with what I have got.

My only problem is the very slow connection with Sweden. Seldom over 1MB down. Rest of Europe, that I have tested, is better.

Local speed is almost always near 10/1 as advertised.

International speed is a different story, and depends on when and where.

Asia is normally fast, 7-8 down from HK, Singapore etc.

USA normally faster than Europe. I think I have an average of around 4MB down from USA.

Torrents works most of the time. I have had some problems but most of the time it is not for extended periods of time.

So, basically I am rather pleased with what I get for the money.

Am I satisfied? Nah, not really, but Maxnet is giving me faster speeds than True did, so I stick with them for the time beeing.

Glad to hear Maxnet has a new promotion. So now I know where my speed has gone.

Have Maxnet 3GB since a few months. Quality good to very good. About a week ago, everything stopped. Called three days, got another promise everytime but nothing happened. Finally I found the solution myself (conflicting IP address).

Today, suddenly extremely slow speed. I have to go to the netshop to do my banking business.

To give an idea: average result of speedtest to Brussels, Belgium, today.

ping 526

Down: 0.02 Mbs

Uploa: 0,04 Mbs

Glad to hear Maxnet has a new promotion. So now I know where my speed has gone.

Have Maxnet 3GB since a few months. Quality good to very good. About a week ago, everything stopped. Called three days, got another promise everytime but nothing happened. Finally I found the solution myself (conflicting IP address).

Today, suddenly extremely slow speed. I have to go to the netshop to do my banking business.

To give an idea: average result of speedtest to Brussels, Belgium, today.

ping 526

Down: 0.02 Mbs

Uploa: 0,04 Mbs

My wife sent an e-mail to an maxnet address she has used before. We did not have to wait long for an answer. I quote:

This is the mail system at host mailsecure03.tttmaxnet.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]>: host 202.69.140.232[202.69.140.232] said: 550 5.7.1

202.69.137.219 has been blocked by CallCenterSrv (in reply to RCPT TO

command)

unquote.

This morning, telephone at 0080 am (saturday!) from TT&T. Did we try internet already today?

"Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head." Internet is fast as ever.

I am not technical, but I get the impression that they give speed to people who complain and when it peters out, you have to complain again. Salaries for the helpdesk staff must be rather low.