Shipping Household Goods Into Thailand

greytown

Hello all, first post here, I would like to know any information on the process of shipping personal household goods (electronics etc) into Thailand. What are the customs and duties and paperwork involved etc.

Thanks for any help.

Hello all, first post here, I would like to know any information on the process of shipping personal household goods (electronics etc) into Thailand. What are the customs and duties and paperwork involved etc.

Thanks for any help.

Work out your square meterage of items you will pack, list you items and then ask a local shipping agent for a quote. The ones I used were pretty good at answering all my questions on procedues and costs, duty etc.

Thanks all for your replies. I did some searches. I see the customs duty can potentially be staggering. 65 to 110%.... !! Good to know...

Well if you are coming here on a work permit, you can get all your personal effects in with 0% customs, if you do it within 6 months of arriving...so suggest search a little further, depending on your circumstances you may be able to get your stuff in at 0% duty

Thanks all for your replies. I did some searches. I see the customs duty can potentially be staggering. 65 to 110%.... !! Good to know...

Well if you are coming here on a work permit, you can get all your personal effects in with 0% customs, if you do it within 6 months of arriving...so suggest search a little further, depending on your circumstances you may be able to get your stuff in at 0% duty

What do they class as "arriving" in Thailand? Popping out of the country and back into the country on a border run is "arriving" in Thailand in my book but would the authorities see it that way?

I ask this I have just this month obtained a WP on a non-B issued issued in Feb this year. I left Thailand after 90 days and "arrived" back in Thailand an hour later. If this doesn't count as arriving in Thailand then I'm in for an <deleted> huge bill when my container of WORTHLESS household stuff arrives from Europe in a couple of months. (Didn't want to ship until I Knew I had a WP).

I spent 8 months here in LOS last year on a non-O, what chance do I have of getting off duty free based on the LAST date that I "arrived" in Thailand i.e. a month ago?