Pest Control Around San Sai

mallmagician

Hi There,

Im wanting a Pest Control company to come to my house and give it a good spraying with anti-bug stuff.

I used Chiang Mai Pest Control (I think that was the name), a few months ago, but they charged 1000 baht for a single visit (4000 baht if I wanted them every month for a year). I dont want a contract with any of them really, as I do not need it every month, and to be frank(You can be shirley), I dont want to fork out 4000 at the moment.

So my question is this:-

Does anyone know a good cheap pest control that can service my house in San Sai? Im told about 400 should be enough?

Phil

Bump. All the numbers we've tried have quote 1000 baht +.

Is there really no cheaper? Considering a years contract comes in at 333baht a month (Paid in one year lump sum up front), how come a one off visit costs so much?

I thought I would be able to save a few hundred by shopping around, but my searches seem a little in vain. :)

Final Bump.

Does anyone pay less than 1000 for their Pest Control?

The annoying thing is, Im sure someone told me recently about a company that is much cheaper, but for the life of me, I can't remember who told me about it.

:)

I can help you; I sent you a PM. don

Since I had trouble with my Personal Message function and part of MM's request turned out to be for flea and tick control for a home with "several dogs", I will post a reply about that here. I'm certainly no expert, but I do my own home and garden pest control and have 2 dogs and 2 cats that are flea and tick free.

Flea and tick control cannot be expected from a one time cheap pesticide application, it is a complex problem that needs ongoing multi treatment program for animals and environment.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/parasites/...fleacontrol.htm

And there is probably a lot more info on the ThaiVisa "Plants,Pets & Vets" forum.

1000 baht is really not unreasonable for a competent pest control service, especially for a first visit or one time treatment. Once you are on their route and they can offer efficiency of scheduling other customers in your geographical area, they may get the cost down per visit.

For low cost general home pest control (ants, cockroaches, termites, powder post beetles, etc) you can do it yourself for a small home with aerosol pesticide like Chaindrite 1 crack and crevice spray. at most super stores, grocery and hardware shops. It's a 'pyrethroid' solution (alphacypermethrin and bifenthrin), not highly toxic to mammals, but don't use around fish tanks or ponds as it is highly toxic to aquatic vertebrates. For long term economy or if you have a larger area, buy Chaindrite 4 Stedfast and a 5 liter hand pump sprayer and mix your own solution. These products give about a one month residual effectiveness. Keep a can on hand for spot treatment.

I don't know anything about this Chaindrite company, if they are socially and environmentally responsible, but they do make good products that work, and are "least toxic", and which are widely available. There may be other products available that can do the job. I believe that 'carbamate' pesticides, like Sevin, may be more effective for fleas and ticks, I'm not sure, but they are also more toxic for mammals. don