French Resturants In Bkk

Hi guys im half french and i have been living in bkk for some time now but i cant find a french resturant which charges me less than 500 baht for a meal! does anyone have any suggestions to where i can have an affordable but good french meal?

Do you mean 500bt for a French meal or just for a main course? Very wishful thinking - and unrealistic - to expect a meal for under 500bt, or even a worthwhile main course. You could always buy a baguette and a small chunk of Brie.....

Do you mean 500bt for a French meal or just for a main course? Very wishful thinking - and unrealistic - to expect a meal for under 500bt, or even a worthwhile main course. You could always buy a baguette and a small chunk of Brie.....

For lunch - try Indigo on Soi Convent and some French mates tell me of a fantastic buffet at an Accor Hotel on Suk 19, can't remember the name.

Do you drink water? I mean tap water? Because Evian will costs you the 500 THB.

I'm full French and cannot afford the French restaurants of the city.

The best solution is, as BKK James mentioned, to go to buffets which serve French food (amongst other stuff). A lot of French chefs work in luxury hotels in Bangkok and they prepare French traditional specials for the buffets.

Intercontinental, Hyatt, Four Seasons, is a good base to begin and they in the same area.

Of course 500 THB is unrealistic.

Philip Restaurant http://philipperestaurant.com/ has some traditional "plats en sauce" at reasonable prices but the total bill will be higher.

Way beyond the 500 baht range, but the Grand Hyatt Erawan is doing a French promotion until the end of the month at the buffet. Some of the French dishes are quite decent. I really liked the pot-au-feu, something which is not normally high on my list.

One of my Thai colleagues told me about a small French place that opened a couple months ago on Sukhumvit soi 12, opposite pizza company so I decided to go there over the weekend. The place is called French To Go, it's a small place with a nice atmosphere, nothing fancy. The menu has various items like savory and sweet crepes, sandwiches, all kinds of gratin, tomates farcies, poulet basquaise etc.

Prices ranges from 90 bht -260 I think, they have set menus from 150 - 250 baht it includes a sandwich /crepe or special dish with a soft drink and desert (usually a crepe).

I had a great talk with their manager who is French herself, infact the owner is French as well. My girlfriend had a chicken curry crepe, and I tried their Gratin ham cheese, overall the food was good . For desert we shared a chocolate cake with melting chocolate in the middle along with vanilla cream sauce. You have got to try ones of those if you go down there. The cons were that it was small with maybe around 10 chairs and 6 tables and at lunch can be loud because it was packed. The tables and chairs however were quite comfortable and cozy for me and my girlfriend. I'd recommend French To Go to those out there looking for something new at a very affordable price.

Edited by dentonbkk

Indigo on Soi Convent in Silom is great. I have had many good meals there. prices can be less than 500 baht or more depending on what you want. they do a good lunch deal for around 300 baht for 3 courses at the moment. go and try it then pop into Molly Malone's after for a beer.

Great little place in Salaya, if that's not too far out for you. The name doesn't come to me right now (i think it might have Eiffel in it), but if you go to that area it shouldn't be hard to find as you won't find another French restaurant for miles. Dishes are generally half of what you'll pay at equivalent place in town, so you can easily get fed for under 500 baht.