Whats My Easiest Option To Get Retirement Visa Please ?

I have been married to my Thai wife since 1998. We got married in the UK and all her Thai documents ID, driving licence, passport and bank account are all in her married name (as required by law). Now I have retired and wish to get a retirement visa.

I can be in the UK if it is easier to apply from there but she is in Thailand waiting for me.

I was interested to see a post that said that if we both travelled to Singapore or Bali we could get a visa from there ?

Any advice, given my particular circumstances, gratefully recieved.

Since you are married to a Thai national you can get a non-immigrant O visa when you show your wedding certificate and a note from the misses asking for a visa for you would also help.

I see you are in Germany from your profile, you can apply by mail at a Thai consulate in Germany.

Once you are in thailand you will need to get an extension of stay for 1 year and every year after that. You have 2 options for that:

- extension of stay based on marriage: you need to be living together and you will need to show an incoem of 40,000 baht a month (can be from abroad) or 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount in yur name for at least 2 months.

- extension of stay based on retirement: show an income of 65,000 baht a month OR 800,000 baht in the bank in Thailand OR a combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800,000 baht.

The extension you can apply for during the last 30 days of your permission to stay, which you get when you enter Thailand.