Looking To Buy Cheap Motorbike

tomartoh

i know there was a post about this before but i cannot find it

i want to buy an cheap motorbike and remember it being said that they were sold at a farmers market on a saturday morning and another market on an evening during the week

can anyone with the knowledge help me out please with info

i want to buy an cheap motorbike and remember it being said that they were sold at a farmers market on a saturday morning and another market on an evening during the week

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Tomatroh,

I remember several years ago visiting the Saturday (I think it was a Saturday-only) market at Sanpatong famous for selling oxen (wua) and water-buffalo (kwai).

They did have an area full of motorbikes for sale, but that was long ago : things may have changed.

Hopefully, you'll get a "fresher" response here soon.

best, ~o:37;

....cheap motorbike and ....at a farmers market on a saturday morning .

the Saturday (I think it was a Saturday-only) market at Sanpatong famous for selling oxen (wua) and water-buffalo (kwai). They did have an area full of motorbikes for sale......

Still there, can't miss it. It has really gotten big over the years and now is on both sides of the main highway. Just be sure you can get all the proper paperwork showing a clear title

the Saturday (I think it was a Saturday-only) market at Sanpatong famous for selling oxen (wua) and water-buffalo (kwai). They did have an area full of motorbikes for sale......

Still there, can't miss it. It has really gotten big over the years and now is on both sides of the main highway. Just be sure you can get all the proper paperwork showing a clear title

I can confirm its still there... and many bikes.. But there are many that have paper problems. If you live in a large village and you don't plan to go anywhere this can be ok.. but out on the street this could cause you a problem. Its like anything the prices can be very low but you definitely get what you pay for so if its too low... look for the problem.

It starts at 6am and starts winding down around 12:30 pm

You might want to try the auctions as well. They happen almost every week, and you can get a good deal as well.

Edited by swain

There is also a market in the back of Ruam Chok Market - at least there was. I forget now but I think it was on Saturday mornings. Many nice motorcycles for sale.

Still there but I, too, forget when. I know I see it continuously but, not being interested, have not fixed it in my mind as to when.

thanks everyone for the information. i went to ruam chok saturday morning and maybe 100 bikes for sale, generally between 15 and 25 k bahts, some private sellers and a lot of small dealers. books/papers available. also sundays sell bikes as well.

really i am looking for a small motorbike rather than an underbone/ stepthrough/ scooter like they used to make

will try sanpatong next saturday where i might be luckier being a farmers type market. GF has told me not to buy a buffalo but as i said to her i have enough clearing up after the 2dogs 2cats and 2chickens

Coming from CM, take the 11 to Lampang. At the old Ram 2 (first traffic light after the Ping, (go to the left lane in time before the traffick light)) go left. The next trafficlight (Rimping Mee Chok at the corner) take the 2nd entrance, the first one is for Rimping. There it is on your right. Several weeks ago I bought a Honda for 13.000. Of course it needs new tires, shockbreakers etc. But at least the engine will never let you down, also not on a long trip. Just check these things and tell them you want a discount. The original price for mine was 17.000, so all repairs covered :)

Edited by cmjantje

I went to the San Patong Buffalo Market two weekends ago, bought a motorbike that was a bit pricey, but it's almost new and in hindsight it seems like a decent deal. I had a little bit of trouble finding the motorbikes because it is such a huge market and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Coming from Chiang Mai, go to the right side of the road... down the access road that goes toward the buffalo area and you can't miss it.

Yellow Sung Taew's will take you there from around the old city for 20 baht.

A general rule is that if you can ride a standard motorbike, it will be MUCH cheaper than an automatic.

Hope this helps.