Toyota Vigo - B5 Diesel

Hssl

Below the reply from the Toyota thailand website - :)

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd., Customer Call Center would like to express our cordially sincere thanks for your constant trust and interested in our product.

According to your e-mail, Customer Call Center would like to inform you that your car could use bio-diesel (B2, B5) and Toyota car which could use bio-diesel (B5) are

1. Hilux Vigo (produced ; August 2004 – Present)

2. Fortuner (produced ; February 2005 – Present)

Anyway, if you have any inquiries or suggestion for further improvement of our service, would you please to do not hesitate to let us know at [email protected] or 0-2386-2000. Any comments are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Customer Call Center

CS Promotion Office

Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd.

Good on yah Hssl. :)

Glad to see people that go to the source to get answers.

Though I bet you 100,000 bht you could walk into a dealership with a small problem and they will tell you it is the uses of B5 fuel.

No worries they can fix it for you, BUT no warranty, because you can't use B5 fuel.

Welcome to the land of smiles!

Wakeup people, If you have a diesel engine in Thailand. It is running on B2, NO matter what the pumps says. This was implumented April 2008.

There is no pure Diesel left as it is now unlawful to sell it.

As mandated by the Transit Authority.

Though I bet you 100,000 bht you could walk into a dealership with a small problem and they will tell you it is the uses of B5 fuel.

No worries they can fix it for you, BUT no warranty, because you can't use B5 fuel.

Wakeup people, If you have a diesel engine in Thailand. It is running on B2, NO matter what the pumps says. This was implumented April 2008.

I also heard it's unlawful to sell non-gasahol 95 octane gas in Thailand, but they still do.

The Toyota Thailand web site is in english or thai - not rocket science to send them message but quite chuffed that they sent an answer back the next day. Also got the missus to check by calling up the local dealer - the first girl on the phone said no B5 for all Toyotas then the Missus asked to speak to someone with a brain and were told the same answer as from the email.

I'd bet with a warm engine your Vigo could run very well on just about any cooking oil.

What is Thai Bio diesel made from, Palm oil or what ?we have found in UK you can only use a percentage of bio fuel in normal grade diesel, be aware that newer engines with common rail injection are more likely to fail (Pump) than older engines with an in line pump.

I have known many skinflints here that have put converted chip shop oil in, and their pump has siezed.

I also heard it's unlawful to sell non-gasahol 95 octane gas in Thailand, but they still do.

Maybe you could contact the source aswell :D

Go ahead. Bio fuel use only a small percentage of bio fuel, typically 10%. It make no noticeable difference.

Same case for gasohol.

Go ahead? Do you pay the repairs?

Has been B5 (5% plantoil) in LOS for some years now, and the repairs are becoming common on commonraildiesels not designed for agressive plantoil. O-rings, valves and pump most common replacement. 5-50.000 baht repairs. Was it worth the saving on B5?

Denso commonrail is probably ok since 2007, although Vigo and Fortuner mentioned B5 capability since late 2008 facelift. When Toyota today says any Vigo/Fortuner is ok, thats within 3 years of Warranty. Look at 3-10 years for engines not designed for B5, thats pre 2007/2008.

Bosch since 2008. Upgraded some commonrailparts to accept B5.

Same case for gasohol. Some cars and bikes just cant use it. The damages seems to be sooner noticeable with gasohol. Damaged rubbergaskets, orings, hoses, carbs and valves

Bio is more lubricative them regular diesel, so your engine will last longer!!!!!

Todays ULSD is now at a EUROIV spec, sulphur content is down, and by doing this they also kill off the lubricative properties in the diesel. Needing more and more additives to keep the Valves, pumps and injector walls from premature wear.

Additives don't burn well!

Bio diesel doesn't have this problem, Apart from the needed to change out natural rubbers to synthetic rubbers.

There are not alot fo down falls, with Bio Diesels in lower %. It is after B15 that you can see some problems come into play. These being the injection of diesel timing.

Just remeber when reading posts or information about Bio Diesels.

What is the Bio made from?

What % was it used at?

What type of engine was it used in?

If you do this you will start to see the denifits of Bio diesel use, and help us all with a cleaner enviroment, It's not all about money to all of us.

Bio is more lubricative them regular diesel, so your engine will last longer!!!!!

Todays ULSD is now at a EUROIV spec, sulphur content is down, and by doing this they also kill off the lubricative properties in the diesel. Needing more and more additives to keep the Valves, pumps and injector walls from premature wear.

Additives don't burn well!

Bio diesel doesn't have this problem, Apart from the needed to change out natural rubbers to synthetic rubbers.

There are not alot fo down falls, with Bio Diesels in lower %. It is after B15 that you can see some problems come into play. These being the injection of diesel timing.

Just remeber when reading posts or information about Bio Diesels.

What is the Bio made from?

What % was it used at?

What type of engine was it used in?

If you do this you will start to see the denifits of Bio diesel use, and help us all with a cleaner enviroment, It's not all about money to all of us.

How can you talk about environment when you have closed your EGR valve and by doing so reduced your engine to illegal Euro 2 emission :D:D:D

Black smoke Navara. take a trip to DMV and measure if you dont believe me.

Connect it again, run Euro 4 diesel and you would see euro 3-4 emission from your Navara. Then mention environment in your posts :)

Running Euro 4 diesel on Vigo 205hp/420Nm or BMW 520D/177hp is not about money, cause it consumes 10% less but is equally more expensive. Its about environment and power. Thats why its the only legal car-diesel in west europe.

Running B5 biodiesel is about saving money only, for thailand (bio is domestic product) and for owner. For most engines more than 2 years, unfortunately saving only in the short run

Just got my first diesel powered car ever, so I´m checking all over for info on whats safe and best for the engine.

Chevrolet gave me quick answer that B5 is safe for the engine in my 2008 Captiva, so i might try it, but for now i use standard diesel, wich i understand is actually B2, even the gas station tells me so.

Yesterday I passed a gas station, and beeing in Bkk rush hour i had plenty of time to read the signs,

The station adwertised "EURO 4, B5-DIESEL" seems interesting! forgot the Brand of the station but it was something like "Banyan...." and their sign has a leaf of some tree on their logo.

Does anyone know more about this EURO 4, B5 diesel, I will try it as it suggests a biodiesel that conforms to a EU-norm.

Price was good too, 25.08/lit.

Tommy

The Toyota Thailand web site is in english or thai - not rocket science to send them message but quite chuffed that they sent an answer back the next day. Also got the missus to check by calling up the local dealer - the first girl on the phone said no B5 for all Toyotas then the Missus asked to speak to someone with a brain and were told the same answer as from the email.

LOL :)

Just got my first diesel powered car ever, so I´m checking all over for info on whats safe and best for the engine.

Chevrolet gave me quick answer that B5 is safe for the engine in my 2008 Captiva, so i might try it, but for now i use standard diesel, wich i understand is actually B2, even the gas station tells me so.

Yesterday I passed a gas station, and beeing in Bkk rush hour i had plenty of time to read the signs,

The station adwertised "EURO 4, B5-DIESEL" seems interesting! forgot the Brand of the station but it was something like "Banyan...." and their sign has a leaf of some tree on their logo.

Does anyone know more about this EURO 4, B5 diesel, I will try it as it suggests a biodiesel that conforms to a EU-norm.

Price was good too, 25.08/lit.

Tommy

The quality of fuel differences very much, so I would stick with the major supplyers, Ptt, Shell, Esso, Caltex.