Non-o Extension

Hey Folks,

My Non-Immigrant O Visa will expire in a month. In the past, I always went to the Imm Dept to renew it on the expiration date. However, I've heard that you can renew it within the last 30 days before it expires...is this true?

Also, is it necessary for my wife to come with me to the Imm Dept (for the initial renewal application and for the after 30 day stamp)? Our family's business is picking up and I'm not sure if she'll be able to leave the office during work hours.

Thanks!

I have a similar question. I also have a NI-O visa and am planning to return to Thailand in early April and stay until July. My visa expires in early May. Can I renew or extend the expriation date here in the US before going back to Thailand or do I have to wait and renew it there?

Thanks, Rick

If you have an extension of stay (one year) from an immigration office in Thailand it must be done here in Thailand.

If you just have single entry O visa it will give you an entry for 90 days when you enter in April so that would cover you until early July.

If you have used the visa already and departed without a re-entry permit it should be marked used and is no longer valid.

If it was a multi entry O type you can enter in April and make an exit entry in early May and receive 90 days from that date.

If you have an extension of stay (one year) from an immigration office in Thailand it must be done here in Thailand.

If you just have single entry O visa it will give you an entry for 90 days when you enter in April so that would cover you until early July.

If you have used the visa already and departed without a re-entry permit it should be marked used and is no longer valid.

If it was a multi entry O type you can enter in April and make an exit entry in early May and receive 90 days from that date.

MANY THANKS, LOPBURI3