Retirement Visa Extension - Money In Bank And Passport Query

I have read that for the retirement visa extension, that money, 800,00 or 400,000 for combination option has to be in a bank account 3 months before the application is made, I have also read that you must have the money, in the account on the day of application, meaning that you can transfer money to top up your balance a few days before you apply.

One more query my visa extension expires 2 Oct 09, so my next via extension will expire on 2/3 Oct 2010, however my passport expires 29 Oct 2010 will I need a new passport for this coming visa new extension, again I've read that a passport should have a minimum of 18 months left or is this for first time applicants?

Any comments would be welcome.

Visa_extension___money_in_bank_and_passport_query.doc

Visa_extension___money_in_bank_and_passport_query.doc

I have read that for the retirement visa extension, that money, 800,00 or 400,000 for combination option has to be in a bank account 3 months before the application is made, I have also read that you must have the money, in the account on the day of application, meaning that you can transfer money to top up your balance a few days before you apply.

One more query my visa extension expires 2 Oct 09, so my next via extension will expire on 2/3 Oct 2010, however my passport expires 29 Oct 2010 will I need a new passport for this coming visa new extension, again I've read that a passport should have a minimum of 18 months left or is this for first time applicants?

Retirement extensions:

Using 800K in the bank -- money seasoned for two months for first extension, three months for subsequent extensions (exceptions for at least one office but not CM)

Combo method -- embassy letter plus bank account -- NO MONEY SEASONING NEEDED (for this you can top up the day before)

The combo method is ANY combo of embassy letter and banked money exceeding 800K, not sure what you are talking about with 400K, it is not relevant at all. In other words, pension 300K plus banked 500K would work and so would pension 500K plus banked 300K, etc. etc.

For the bank and combo methods the total must be over 800K upon application. For the bank account method, the account cannot dip one baht below 800K during the seasoning period.

Passport expiring. Offices grant the extensions up to the point of passport expiry and then when you get a new passport they will transfer. In other words, your passport does not need to be valid the full year of the extension upon application.

Edited by Jingthing

Retirement extensions:

Using 800K in the bank -- money seasoned for two months for first extension, three months for subsequent extensions (exceptions for at least one office but not CM)

Combo method -- embassy letter plus bank account -- NO MONEY SEASONING NEEDED (for this you can top up the day before)

The combo method is ANY combo of embassy letter and banked money exceeding 800K, not sure what you are talking about with 400K, it is not relevant at all. In other words, pension 300K plus banked 500K would work and so would pension 500K plus banked 300K, etc. etc.

For the bank and combo methods the total must be over 800K upon application. For the bank account method, the account cannot dip one baht below 800K during the seasoning period.

Passport expiring. Offices grant the extensions up to the point of passport expiry and then when you get a new passport they will transfer. In other words, your passport does not need to be valid the full year of the extension upon application.

Not quite right there..jingthing..If we're talking about an Australian Passport..your Passport must have at least 6 months remaining in it to make a new Visa

To apply for a Visa your passport has to have at least 6 months validity left on it. To apply for an extension it does not. As JingThing said they will extend up until the passport expires. You will then go back with your new passport and get the remaining days.

And yes the 400,000 is for a "Marriage Extension" not "Retirement".

To apply for a Visa your passport has to have at least 6 months validity left on it. To apply for an extension it does not. As JingThing said they will extend up until the passport expires. You will then go back with your new passport and get the remaining days.

And yes the 400,000 is for a "Marriage Extension" not "Retirement".

But in this case the passport won't expire until after the next extension runs out, so no problems at all.

Sophon