Embassy Confirms Bangkok Italian Restaurants

churchill

Opening of Convent restaurant puts capital over the top

BANGKOK - The Italian embassy in Bangkok officially confirmed yesterday that Italian restaurants now officially outnumber Italians in the city. With the opening of Italy 24, an all-night pizza diner on Convent Road , the number of Italian restaurants in the capital climbed to 981, which is one more than the 980 Italian nationals registered with the embassy. Officials also confirmed that Bangkok is only the 9th city to have achieved this status, joining Atlanta , Dallas , Miami , Portland , Sydney , Tokyo , Shanghai , and Wuhan

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=807

Just a quick note about the source, it's not real stuff, just silly jokes maded as news, beware, as the news are presented as real ones someone (like myself on one of their previous stories) might actually wrongly believe this stuff is for real. NotTheNation, i like your sense of humor but you should put measure in places to clearly identify your "news" as for theyr real nature "satire", now it's a bit of a "dirty business" the way you are presenting it.....

This explains the quality of Italian food here.

The problem is that there are too many people, often without any knowledge at all about how to cook, that want to cook italian food, i have seen pleanty of indian, pakistanis, even finnish advertising in big letters "authentic italian food", "best pizza in Pattaya", etc, with the comsequencies you can easily understand....if a person that never tried the "REAL" italian food is presented with some of this sub-junk food, then it's going to damage the whole industry somehow and this is not just about food, probably if you are not familiar with the italian language you have probably missed how many tailors, especially in the big touristic places, have named their business premises with an italian name (often even making mistakes on it), now, i love indian currys, but there is no way i am going to try to make one myself as i have absolutely no knowledge about it, let alone try to sell it....i believe the main point when someone try to sell these sub-products is pure "greed" and disrespect of customers, they do not really care about giving a "quality product", they are just interested in the quick money for today, nevermind if they are never going to see the same customer again (so common here in LOS eh?), enjoy your food!

NotTheNation, i like your sense of humor but you should put measure in places to clearly identify your "news" as for theyr real nature "satire", now it's a bit of a "dirty business" the way you are presenting it.....

No, never! Sorry, I know it may be difficult for non-native speakers of English and/or those outside the culture to get this humour, but the essence of satire is to mimic exactly the presentation of 'traditional' news media while reporting outrageous content. Just check out the onion http://www.theonion.com/content/index

NotTheNation, nice job, keep it up!

(Do you accept contributions?) :)

mine was not meant to be a critic about the kind of humor expressed, the problem is in "misleading" people unaware of the nature of the source, as even on their own website they try to keep the real nature of their "misinformation" hidden, there are pleanty of published satire in different languages born much earlier then NotTheNation, however in their respective country they have a legal obligation(apart from the moral one) to state their real nature, and again, i like NotTheNation but i hate people misleading other people, in whatever field it is applied....

in their respective country they have a legal obligation(apart from the moral one) to state their real nature, and again, i like NotTheNation but i hate people misleading other people, in whatever field it is applied....

?? In which countries is there a 'legal obligation' to announce you are presenting satire? :)

Just a quick note about the source, it's not real stuff, just silly jokes maded as news, beware, as the news are presented as real ones someone (like myself on one of their previous stories) might actually wrongly believe this stuff is for real. NotTheNation, i like your sense of humor but you should put measure in places to clearly identify your "news" as for theyr real nature "satire", now it's a bit of a "dirty business" the way you are presenting it.....

I think you need to visit Landover Baptist ...