Visa For My Baby Son

jkjuice

I was born in England and my son was born in Thailand. He has both a Thai and British passport. I am thinking about taking my Thai wife and son to London for Christmas.

I know my wife needs a UK tourist visa, but does my son??

He will be 14 months in December. My friend said that he doesn't need a visa until he is 14 years old and can choose what nationality he wants to be then. But, my visa person says that I do need a UK visa for my son........

I am confused, i searched on the net, but i cannot find a proper answer..............someone advise me, pls

As you are a British passport holder, do you need a visa to visit UK? No. So neither will your son, who is also a British passport holder.

Your friend & your visa person are both talking crap. your son will never need a visa to visit Thailand or UK as long as he holds a passport for both.

As you are a British passport holder, do you need a visa to visit UK? No. So neither will your son, who is also a British passport holder.

Your friend & your visa person are both talking crap. your son will never need a visa to visit Thailand or UK as long as he holds a passport for both.

Thank you for your quick reply. Appreciated. So, if i am flying from Thailand to the UK which passport do i use for him? and flying back? If i use his British passport, when he comes back to Thailand will he have to do visa runs every 90 days?

Exit Thailand on his Thai passport, enter UK on his British Passport. Exit UK on British Passport, enter Thailand on his Thai passport. You may need to show both pp at check in to prove he doesn't need visa but that is all.

Exit Thailand on his Thai passport, enter UK on his British Passport. Exit UK on British Passport, enter Thailand on his Thai passport. You may need to show both pp at check in to prove he doesn't need visa but that is all.

Thanks.... greatly appreciated

I was born in England and my son was born in Thailand. He has both a Thai and British passport. I am thinking about taking my Thai wife and son to London for Christmas.

I know my wife needs a UK tourist visa, but does my son??

He will be 14 months in December. My friend said that he doesn't need a visa until he is 14 years old and can choose what nationality he wants to be then. But, my visa person says that I do need a UK visa for my son........

I am confused, i searched on the net, but i cannot find a proper answer..............someone advise me, pls

He need not make a choice. He has dual citizenship (as does my son) with no expiration. When we leave Thailand we use his Thai passport, upon entering the US we use the US passport, and vise-virsa upon returning to Thailand.

Very succinct, I would also suggest a rather rapid change in your Visa Guy