Non Immigrant Class B Visa

I'm setting up a business in Thailand ,and once it's registered I'll be looking to get a Non immigrant Class B visa .

Where can I obtain such a visa? Do I have to get back to my country (expensive affair...) or just try at one of the consulates around here? Are there any preferences?

Thanks

You cannot obtain Non-B visa in Thailand but can apply at neighbouring consulates but they tend to require more paperwork than consulates further afield. Nearby consulates will also want to see your work permit (or Form WP3 showing you have applied for work permit). Have a look at the attached link. There are good reports from KL. To be legal you need to obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Labour before you start working. See attached link detailing steps to obtain Non-B visa and WP.

Latest Region Visa Reports

10 Steps to obtaining 1 year Non-B and WP

I have never heard of anyone getting a Non-immigrant "B" Visa on this basis. If it was possible, anyone could obtain such, simply by declaring an intention to start a business, whether or not he had any intention of doing so. If you are a foreigner intending to do business in Thailand, you need a 51% Thai partner, unless you are contemplating something big enough to bo the Board of Investment route.

I have never heard of anyone getting a Non-immigrant "B" Visa on this basis. If it was possible, anyone could obtain such, simply by declaring an intention to start a business, whether or not he had any intention of doing so. If you are a foreigner intending to do business in Thailand, you need a 51% Thai partner, unless you are contemplating something big enough to bo the Board of Investment route.

He said he was "setting up a business, and once it was registered he would apply for a "B" visa". What's wrong with that?

Also, in addition to BOI, one can own more than 49% under American Treaty of Amity businesses.

Of course he will need a thai company. Is this not what the OP is registering?

You cannot obtain Non-B visa in Thailand but can apply at neighbouring consulates but they tend to require more paperwork than consulates further afield. Nearby consulates will also want to see your work permit (or Form WP3 showing you have applied for work permit). Have a look at the attached link. There are good reports from KL. To be legal you need to obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Labour before you start working. See attached link detailing steps to obtain Non-B visa and WP.

Latest Region Visa Reports

10 Steps to obtaining 1 year Non-B and WP

Thanx for that.I understand from reading the attachments ,that usually should get a one entry visa (based on the papers stating the establishment of my company).What happens after that?will I have to get to a consulate every 3 month even after I have a valid work permit?...