Beware Bangla Road Police

NedKelly

Just a quick warning that there has recently been a few cases of police arresting tourists at the beach end of Bangla Road late at night for not carrying a passport. Ok the law states you must carry your ID at all times but seriously how many tourists actually do this 24/7.......not many I would guess. Anyway the fact is that it has happenned and unfortunately for the police they may have picked on the wrong person recently as the guy was on a travel Agent organised 'fam trip' from Australia so the ramifications will be interesting as the Agent who organised this is closely connected with TAT. The guy in question was held overnight in a cell with two other punters who paid more to be released earlier. The guys wallet was emptied of all cash and they even wanted his credit card pin number which he refused. So be careful all and sundry the pigs are on the loose again.

Just a quick warning that there has recently been a few cases of police arresting tourists at the beach end of Bangla Road late at night for not carrying a passport. Ok the law states you must carry your ID at all times but seriously how many tourists actually do this 24/7.......not many I would guess. Anyway the fact is that it has happenned and unfortunately for the police they may have picked on the wrong person recently as the guy was on a travel Agent organised 'fam trip' from Australia so the ramifications will be interesting as the Agent who organised this is closely connected with TAT. The guy in question was held overnight in a cell with two other punters who paid more to be released earlier. The guys wallet was emptied of all cash and they even wanted his credit card pin number which he refused. So be careful all and sundry the pigs are on the loose again.
This is the same report as posted earlier.

Without more information, I still don't believe it.