Korat Notary Public

CqK

My signature will need to be notarized on a USA property deed and it sure would be nice if there is a notary public who can do that for me in Khorat. Otherwise, I know, it's the American Embassy in BKK.

My signature will need to be notarized on a USA property deed and it sure would be nice if there is a notary public who can do that for me in Khorat. Otherwise, I know, it's the American Embassy in BKK.

I guess that the Thai notary seal/signature must be legalised with the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs and the US-Embassy.

At least, that is how I had to do it for a deed validation for the Netherlands.

So maybe the Thai part can be eliminated to go to the US-Embassy directly?

First. I would check with the agency/bank/whatever that needs the notarized signature back in the States, and ask if they will accept a Thai notary.

It's been my experience that some will accept a Thai notary, but most won't.

Bite the bullet, drive down or take a real early bus, pay your $30 or baht equivalent, and do the deed at the Embassy, ACS (American Citiizen Services), then drive or bus back to Korat. A one day run.

BE SURE, tho, to make an appointment so you don't have to mingle with the unscheduled masses.

Mac

Camp Friendship, Feb '64-'Feb '65

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

In order to serve you better, the American Citizen Services section uses an appointment system for all non-emergency services to include notarials, passport services, and registering a child as an American citizen (Consular Report of Birth Abroad.) We will continue to provide emergency services on an as needed basis. Please note: We do not allow walk-in customers to register a child as an American citizen. You must have an appointment for this service.

Appointments can be made online by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to book appointments over the phone. You must use the online system to schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services.

If you have an appointment, when you arrive at our waiting room, there is no need to take a number, just check-in at Window A and give our staff a copy of your appointment confirmation printout. We continue to accept walk-ins for all services except registering a child as an American citizen, but give priority to those who made appointments online.

The purpose of the appointment system is to cut wait times for services and allow us to provide you with better service as demand for our services continues to grow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hours of Operation

The American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the U.S. Embassy is open to the public Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., except Thai and American holidays. Note: The American Citizen Services section is closed to the public on the last Friday of every month. Please bring your passport or other form of picture identification.

Questions? For more information, please call +66-2-205-4049 from outside of Thailand or 02-205-4049 within Thailand or you may contact ACS by email at [email protected]. The ACS fax number is +66-2-205-4103 from outside of Thailand or 02-205-4103 within Thailand.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess that the Thai notary seal/signature must be legalised with the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs and the US-Embassy.

At least, that is how I had to do it for a deed validation for the Netherlands.

So maybe the Thai part can be eliminated to go to the US-Embassy directly?

I used the service of Isaanlawyers in Korat on many occasions.They work together with a Thai notary/lawyer(K.Terdpong Fuangfoovongrath).

The notary seal and signature were accepted by notary from The Netherlands to handle the will.

I also use the notary services for certifying live certificates (did two just 3 weeks ago)

Edited by dutch

IF there is a USMTM (US Military Training Mission) unit in Khorat, the commanding officer normally has notarial powers.

It is up to him whether he will notarize documents or not. If you are retired military, he might consider it. Up to him.

Other than that, it's the US Embassy in BKK.