Thaivisa's Accents

superchav

Bristolian, anywhere near you, Phazey?

Swindon :o

Ah, just down the road. :D

Know it well, used to go to the Brunel Rooms back in my late teens, and spent a year working there a few years ago.

What's a Swindon accent called? Swindonian or Swindish? :D

call it what you like, as long as i dont hear it again, that'll do me :D

reminds me of a funny little bristol incident - was over there watching a football game at ashton gate, yobs were there in force, so the plod let the dogs loose, first thing one of them did was snap at a bloke minding his own business , he said

"ee bit i bum ee did"

heh, "those days"

never actually went to the rooms, ex herr wifey would not allow me out :/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people say mine is a combination of Yorkshire and South London.  However, from my very own point of view, I haven't got much accent but it sounds slighly posh.

more interesting is - how you manage to continue posting even after being banned ? :o or the ban was lifted but your group membership hasn't been edited yet?

Some people say mine is a combination of Yorkshire and South London.  However, from my very own point of view, I haven't got much accent but it sounds slighly posh.

more interesting is - how you manage to continue posting even after being banned ? :D or the ban was lifted but your group membership hasn't been edited yet?

He posted before he was banned...better call Cagney and Lacey and tell em that they can go back to sleep. As he is now banned I thought I would post a reply in his stead to help you clarify matters in in your :o mind :D

Whay up man, diz no need like for me to tell youze where I'm from like, me old china cock sparra plate mates. North of t'Watford Gap and from the land of stolen car stezzies an' hubcaps............Wales. :o

more interesting is - how you manage to continue posting even after being banned ? :D or the ban was lifted but your group membership hasn't been edited yet?

He posted before he was banned...better call Cagney and Lacey and tell em that they can go back to sleep. As he is now banned I thought I would post a reply in his stead to help you clarify matters in in your :o mind :D

This is O.T but how come the defender of the Chavs got banned then?

Making too many posts in one day?

Is there a limit? :D

He posted before he was banned...better call Cagney and Lacey and tell em that they can go back to sleep. As he is now banned I thought I would post a reply in his stead to help you clarify matters in in your :D mind :D

This is O.T but how come the defender of the Chavs got banned then?

Making too many posts in one day?

Is there a limit? :D

He was a bit of a knob you must admit, sort of pleased myself, he has been abusing us all by pm since...Lordy they have been hurtful remark..I was very distressd, much handwringing and hanky use has passed since then, I feel better I have spoken with trained proffesionals to help me get over the trauma. :o

Hate to admit it but I used to be

'Ah cum from daaaan saaairf like'

But last time I went home everyone remerked on how 'posh' I sounded, and

'God the crap that ust'a cum airt 'a your mairf! girl!'

I glad to have lost the 'Planet Thanet' accent! (as we call the place!) :o

Me too. My Mum & sister sound well common now.

I wonder why that is? Having to speak clearly to non-native speakers or so people don't mistake me for another nationality?

Bristolian, anywhere near you, Phazey?

Oi lived in Kingswood fer 11 years , where's that to?

Some loose women there. :o I hear they can be found at Chasers.

About as far away as you can get in Bristol from where I grew up (the North).

Filton/Southmead wuzzit ?

Oi's from the Mead oi iz. :D

Edited by konangrit

Whay up man, diz no need like for me to tell youze where I'm from like, me old china cock sparra plate mates. North of t'Watford Gap and from the land of stolen car stezzies an' hubcaps............Wales. :o

Just over d'water from ya, 'der ar' kid...

'Dey do 'do don't 'dey 'do... :D

Just over d'water from ya, 'der ar' kid...

'Dey do 'do don't 'dey 'do... :D

Actually I'm from the One-Eyed City myself too. If I tell people I'm from Birkenhead they give me a blank stare. Easier just to tell them I'm from Liverpool.

Everyone's heard of Liverpool. :D

Yeah, dey do do dat doe don't dey ay, like. :D

Welsh but not valleys or gog - Kairdiff!! Strength of Kairdiff depends who I'm with though and whether I am pontificating, in which case I start to sound posher, more pompous and well, frankly more Southern English (lived in Oxford for a few years)! My karaoke voice is generally whiney American but I am not sure which state - again, depends on the song!