Pole-dance Classes

Hello!

Does anybody want to learn pole-dance on Koh Samui?

My friend is pole-dance instructor in Moscow, Russia and she's thinking about moving to Koh Samui for winter '09-'10.

She'll come only if there'll be some people who wants to take dance classes.

Now I am the first one who really want it. Anybody else?

Hello!

Does anybody want to learn pole-dance on Koh Samui?

My friend is pole-dance instructor in Moscow, Russia and she's thinking about moving to Koh Samui for winter '09-'10.

She'll come only if there'll be some people who wants to take dance classes.

Now I am the first one who really want it. Anybody else?

I'm sure some of the regulars on here, are liberal enough to be interested. :)

I'm sure some of the regulars on here, are liberal enough to be interested. :)

No needs to be liberal :D It's just pole-fitness, not nud_e-dance.

I'm wainting for interested people cause if it'll be no one my friend'll not come.

And I need her because it's impossible to find so good instrustor on Koh Samui.

nimira, im sorry your thread only brought the jokers out, I guess these guys dont realise that pole-dancing has been a legitimate and successful exercise regime in some countries for many years now. Maybe try asking on the Ladies forum too? Personally I think its a great and fun way to get in shape and if i lived in your area its something I would be interested in joining. Im sure many ladies would be interested in regular classes and/or workshops. Hope you get good feedback somewhere. Good luck to you and your friend. :)

Oooh I'll ask my friends who live in Samui. Sure they will be interested. I will PM you....: )

Ok :) . Anyway I'll be back on Koh Samui at 20 august and if she'll be interested we can meet and I'll answer all her questions.

Does the Russian lady do home tuition? If so I would install a pole in the villa if I can watch while she teaches my wife :D

Why not, it's possible :) But it'll be a little more expensive than lessons with small group.

You don't take the Mountain to Mohammad, you take Mohammad to the Mountain.. :)

:D I know what I want: I want to learn pole-dance near my house on Samui not in Russia. And it's only one way to get it.

nimira, im sorry your thread only brought the jokers out, I guess these guys dont realise that pole-dancing has been a legitimate and successful exercise regime in some countries for many years now. Maybe try asking on the Ladies forum too? Personally I think its a great and fun way to get in shape and if i lived in your area its something I would be interested in joining. Im sure many ladies would be interested in regular classes and/or workshops. Hope you get good feedback somewhere. Good luck to you and your friend. :)

Thanks!

I hope too :D Is it ok to ask the same question twice in two forum?

Thanks!

Actually im not sure.. I was going to say you could ask this one to be moved to the Ladies forum, but that doesnt make sense either as i imagine you would like perspectives from Ladies as well as the local forum. If i were you I would make the post in the Ladies forum and leave it to the mods..cant see why it would be a problem as you wish to address it both here and also to Ladies. If you want to be sure, you could pm one of the moderators to ask. Sbk, Boo, or MiG16 would be the best ones to ask on this imo.

Your friend may find some interest on Koh Phangan, especially with the yoga scene. Belly dancing is another exotic fitness exercise which is vastly untapped here...

BTW I notice a lot of talk about asking on the ladies forum (where us predatory scum are unwanted :D ) but I would like to ask why it is assumed men cannot do this? I could be persuaded to give it a bash, if only to attend the sessions :D Not sure how the wife will feel about it though :)

Good luck anyway

:D

Sorry ParadiseLost! I know some men even like belly dance, but this is on dance i didnt think they would want to try...also for the pure fact that many of the moves may press against a certain area men may find a tad painful. But im all up for men doing things like this, sorry for be biased! :)

Thanks!

Actually im not sure.. I was going to say you could ask this one to be moved to the Ladies forum, but that doesnt make sense either as i imagine you would like perspectives from Ladies as well as the local forum. If i were you I would make the post in the Ladies forum and leave it to the mods..cant see why it would be a problem as you wish to address it both here and also to Ladies. If you want to be sure, you could pm one of the moderators to ask. Sbk, Boo, or MiG16 would be the best ones to ask on this imo.

Normally, we don't like to have the same thread running in two forums, it leads to confusion and cross posting.

I would imagine that most of the women who are local to Samui also frequent this forum.

First, learning to "pole dance" requires a pole, which is only found in girlie bars, and since they are vacant during the hours when normal people are up and about (no pun intended), you should be able to cut a deal to find a place to swing.

Second, the only people really interested in learning this would be the girls working in aforementioned bars, and since actual dancing skills are seen as of no economic value * , and what with bargirls being tight as a drum when it comes to spending money on something other than clothes, whiskey, domino/card games or their little accident back home, it's unlikely you'd get much custom.

* (I asked a seasoned pro at a very popular go-go club in Bangkok, who I have known for some time, "Why do the girls not dance? I mean they just sort of sway back and forth like a willow in the breeze." The answer was simple, "They don't have to dance to attract customers. So they can't be bothered spending all that energy all night when just moving around a bit does the trick." Pun intended.)

yes, the half brain dead boozed up punter does need some movement to attract their attention away from their beer.

Done correctly I'd say it could be quite a successful little venture and develop a cult following.

For promotion, how about a daytime pole dance off between some of the island's best at one of the bars located on the beach. Could become a regular thing.