Ben Foster For England?

R123

England supporters will have watched the Community Shield game with increasing horror to see the performance of the Man U goalkeeper.He makes Scott Carson look like a good goalie.....

You've heard of Calamity James well we now have not Ben Foster, but more like Boy Fluster,

dear oh dear.

:)

england have no good goalkeepers. it's a pretty shameful state of affairs. rob green is probably the most consistent of the lot.

& he isn't England's number 1 or what i'd interpret an England number 1 to be anyway...

I love gReen but his decision making can be poor at times & the control of his Box isn't what it should be..

Great shot stopper though..

Shame about Foster, i think he's a good Keeper for sure & i hope he gets over yesterday, bit harsh to say it was a horror show etc..

Shame Kirkland isn't so injury prone as he has the lot..

Foster reminded me very much of Bosnich yesterday, in the terrible kicking of the moving ball. It's the worst I've seen Foster play, but as a GK myself, players always have off days, but with a GK it is always much more emphasized. As for England keepers, to be honest I don't think there are any outstanding ones, and Foster is probably as a good as we have, albeit there are a few at the same level.

england have no good goalkeepers. it's a pretty shameful state of affairs. rob green is probably the most consistent of the lot.

& he isn't England's number 1 or what i'd interpret an England number 1 to be anyway...

I love gReen but his decision making can be poor at times & the control of his Box isn't what it should be..

Shame about Foster, i think he's a good Keeper for sure & i hope he gets over yesterday, bit harsh to say it was a horror show etc..

kirkland's rubbish m. think he should have become top class but as well as being made of balsa wood he seems to be mentally fragile too. he made some terrible ricks when he played for us and seems to have a blind spot with shots that are straight at him - he just dives over them.

Even blind freddie can see foster is crap maybe good shop stopper but in this day and age keepers have to do the job as a sweeper too,foster put the jitters up me every time a back pass goes to him, i wouldrather the pole be given a chance or throw the young keeper in heaton.

yesterday was not even confrence standard keeping maybe fergie will give him another chance on sunday or maybe the pole gets his chance.

kirkland's rubbish m. think he should have become top class but as well as being made of balsa wood he seems to be mentally fragile too. he made some terrible ricks when he played for us and seems to have a blind spot with shots that are straight at him - he just dives over them.

You've obviously seen a lot more of him than me so i'll take it back & you was right first time round then, we're fcuked for Keepers... :)

You've obviously seen a lot more of him than me so i'll take it back & you was right first time round then, we're fcuked for Keepers... :)

Okay, I'm biased, but that's only because the majority of fans have rarely seen him play. Maybe not "the best", but without doubt deserving to be in the top 3, and therefore the full England squad, is a 'keeper who's spent season after season in the shadow of a true 'great'.

And then when he gets his chance to be No. 1, it's in a doomed team, and a doomed club.

I'm talking Steve Harper at Newcastle.

Seriously, if this guy hadn't been so loyal over the years (he's actually 1 yr older than Shay Given), and had moved on when many opportunities arose, he'd have been showcased regularly in the Premiership, and a regular for England.

Our Geordie opinion is : Top 'Keeper, Top Bloke.

I'm talking Steve Harper at Newcastle.

Seriously, if this guy hadn't been so loyal over the years (he's actually 1 yr older than Shay Given), and had moved on when many opportunities arose, he'd have been showcased regularly in the Premiership, and a regular for England.

Our Geordie opinion is : Top 'Keeper, Top Bloke.

He always looked top quality when he was standing in for Given and i thought there wasnt too much in it, but now he's no.1 he can be a bit dodgy now and then ie coming for crosses and cant make some of the impossible saves that Given used to make ..... but Given is the best keeper in the world IMO.

He is no worse then any of the others, but it'd be good to see how he gets on in a full season before making a decision ...... Shilton cost us in 1990 for being too old when he stood still on the German goal, as did Seaman in Japan v the Brazilians, could be 3rd time unlucky with James who is also too old and never was that great even in his prime.

Foster is a quality keeper, his performances time and time again while on loan at Watford proved that, with a <deleted> team in front of him. Since, he has been totally dogged by injury and has had no run in a team at all....!

I have been waiting for a post like this, how many bad games have the others mentioned in this thread had for both club and country.? How many bad games has Foster had, in total.....? 1....!

Would the response be the same if he didn't play for United? Would he be given more of a chance if he played for Portsmouth, West Ham, Wolves.................... City....!

redrus

Redrus

I dont think anyone could care less which team the England keeper plays for, its about England not having a top quality keeper, club rivalry's are forgotten by all when it comes to Englands best 11.

Besides most peoples favourite England players are Ferdinand, Gerrard and Rooney no matter what club they support.

Also we've already said the keepers from Pompey and West Ham arent top quality and City's onloan keeper isnt either.

Edited by sanmiguellight

Foster is a quality keeper, his performances time and time again while on loan at Watford proved that, with a <deleted> team in front of him. Since, he has been totally dogged by injury and has had no run in a team at all....!

I have been waiting for a post like this, how many bad games have the others mentioned in this thread had for both club and country.? How many bad games has Foster had, in total.....? 1....!

Would the response be the same if he didn't play for United? Would he be given more of a chance if he played for Portsmouth, West Ham, Wolves.................... City....!

redrus

You can't half tell you listen to Ferguson Interview regulary Red..... :)

but as a GK myself,

I must admit for 1 inch high, you do a good leap to reach the top corner :)

Also we've already said the keepers from Pompey and West Ham arent top quality and City's onloan keeper isnt either.

Joe Hart will deffo be there in the future. He's still only young but extremely talented. At the moment we need experience at City and so have Given, so this is the best way for Hart to also gain experience. Hughes doesn't want to lose him and has plans for him, that's why he agreed the loan.

Redrus

I dont think anyone could care less which team the England keeper plays for, its about England not having a top quality keeper, club rivalry's are forgotten by all when it comes to Englands best 11.

Besides most peoples favourite England players are Ferdinand, Gerrard and Rooney no matter what club they support.

You're entitled to your opinion, SL but, 99% of England fans don't like United and still regularly sing "stand up if you hate Man U" at England games....!

Club rivalry's are not forgotten at all, far from it....!

redrus

You can't half tell you listen to Ferguson Interview regulary Red..... :)

Thank you pal, I aim high....!

redrus

Im not sure of ben foster being an international goalkeeper. One good season at watford doasnt, imo make him an international keeper.

However how he handles the next couple of months at man utd will give us a better idea. Lke it or not It is a step up from average club football, as is England.

• 2 weeks later...
Even blind freddie can see foster is crap maybe good shop stopper but in this day and age keepers have to do the job as a sweeper too,foster put the jitters up me every time a back pass goes to him, i wouldrather the pole be given a chance or throw the young keeper in heaton.

yesterday was not even confrence standard keeping maybe fergie will give him another chance on sunday or maybe the pole gets his chance.

I Want to take back what i said,I have been well impressed with the 3 games he has played so far only let 1 goal in and not many keepers would have stooped that.

Hope he gets a good run in the team he deserves it. :)

I'll be the judge of that Mr BJ, apologie accepted nev.... :D

But your too bias Red to make a sound judgement call, whereas I am totally impartial :):D

You're about as neutral as Chillis Bj....... :D

I refer to my post below..... :D

redrus

redrus