Training In Thailand For A Job Back In The Job?

So I might be in Thailand for the next two years.

Has anyone retrained whilst in Thailand so they could get a job when they returned to the UK?

I've worked in IT for the last four or so years but am not too enthusiastic about doing it on my return.

I could do an Open University masters whilst away but not sure what in.

Are there any other things I could do out in Bangkok that would help me get a (good) job when I return? Or something I could teach myself?

I'd love to be self-employed upon my return.

Thanks.

you could train as a masseuse and take 10 ladies back with you and open the most successful nocking shop in your area :) .

Depending on your age but living here and returning without having worked for several years it would be very hard to get a job. Agencies are the best bet for unskilled labour but its possible even with tons of qualifications it maybe your only option. As for the I.T trade , forget it . I am an Ex-IBMer , and even with my qualifications and skills and years of experience they wouldnt employ me again regardless of my management in Global networks , it is all in the past and I wouldnt have a clue what they are upto now.

Retrain , to what ? Thousands are at university studying every topic yet many have problems finding work and even when they do its not what they have studied for .

You could sell on the web, find the right product and hey presto , big dosh.

Good luck.

So I might be in Thailand for the next two years.

Has anyone retrained whilst in Thailand so they could get a job when they returned to the UK?

I've worked in IT for the last four or so years but am not too enthusiastic about doing it on my return.

I could do an Open University masters whilst away but not sure what in.

Are there any other things I could do out in Bangkok that would help me get a (good) job when I return? Or something I could teach myself?

I'd love to be self-employed upon my return.

Thanks.

If you are interested in offshore work, go and have a look a Mermaid Martime, they do all kinds of diving, ROV, types courses etc...Self employed on return, certainly...