The Next Big Farang Music Act To Play In Bkk?

ianwuk

I managed to see Travis and Simple Plan when they came to Bangkok but I am really wanting more western artists to come and play here. Does anyone know who may be next heading to Asia to play in BKK?

I would love to see any of the following play here:

Genesis

Phil Collins

Feeder

Coldplay

Placebo

The Prodigy

Chicane

The Chemical Brothers

Stereophonics

Is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks.

Ian

I managed to see Travis and Simple Plan when they came to Bangkok but I am really wanting more western artists to come and play here. Does anyone know who may be next heading to Asia to play in BKK?

I would love to see any of the following play here:

Genesis

Phil Collins

Feeder

Coldplay

Placebo

The Prodigy

Chicane

The Chemical Brothers

Stereophonics

Is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks.

Ian

To see which acts will get announced, then cancelled go to thai ticketmaster. Regarding your list, perhaps you should lower your expectations to say Rod Stewart, one of the Gibbs and perhaps someone older than walter kronkite, may he RIP.

To see which acts will get announced, then cancelled go to thai ticketmaster. Regarding your list, perhaps you should lower your expectations to say Rod Stewart, one of the Gibbs and perhaps someone older than walter kronkite, may he RIP.

Isn't Rod Stewart older than Walter Kronkite ? :)

That's the first (and hopefully the last) time I've seen The Prodigy and Phil Collins in the same list.

I agree, I can't see that 'mixing' Firestarter and You Can't Hurry Love being a particular winner :D

I have a very eclectic taste in music :D

I forgot to add Peter Gabriel to that list.

Maybe that remix would work :)

Thanks.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing I really miss from London is the live music and I meet loads of other westerners here who think the same.

If anyone fancies a good night out listening to some good live music then Club NME Bangkok is going to be putting on monthly live music events showcasing local, regional and international acts. The next one will be at:

Bangkok Rocks, Sukumvit 19 (next to the Westin Hotel), Saturday 5th september

150 baht with one free drink.

Live bands this month are The Standards, The Jukks and The Groceries. If you miss your live music then get involved in this, I think its the best chance Bangkok has to up the anti.

Dave. :)

Google man..http://www.bangkokconcerts.org/

a good place to check when you're walking through a mall is a store that sells guitars and other musical instraments.

Or you can be assured that there will be a killer concert on the days i go back to work. It never fails.

I will post my work schedule so you can plan ahead.

Edited by bernie66

Not a big name but Handsome Furs (Canadian) are playing a live show at Club Culture this Saturday

handsomefursweb_2.jpg

Handsome Furs

Live in Bangkok.

Hailing from Montreal, Canada, Handsome Furs is comprised of husband/wife duo Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade and his wife Alexei Perry. They signed on to the legendary indie label Sub Pop Records in late 2006 and released their first full-length album Plague Park in 2007. Their follow up album Face Control has received rave reviews including an 8/10 from influential Pitchfork Media.

Handsome Fur’s music is a blend of Electro beats and synths combined with enormous punk and post-punk guitar sounds. There isn't a couple in indie rock that exudes more sexual energy than Dan Boeckner and Alexei Perry with their smoking, skin-baring performances firing up venues around the world.

“Thumping, synth powered anthems” - Rolling Stone

“Gritty guitar and club beats with the energy of a sugar high six year-old” - Spin

“Handsome Furs make beautiful music both on and off the stage” - Nylon

Support acts for the night will be a live sets from:

Stylish Nonsense

De...Connextor

Plus DJs

Magic Muffin & Plan B on the decks.

Tickets are 600 Baht with 1 drink (Bring I.D.)

Advance tickets can be bought at:

Club Culture, Sri Ayudhaya Rd

DJ Siam, Siam Square Soi 4

The Tube, Coco Walk, Ratchetewi

Isn't Rod Stewart older than Walter Kronkite ? :D

I think our Rod is older but he is butterfly and boom boom man :)

well one of the ' The Prodigy ' owns a villa in Koh Samui .... maybe he will play a gig

Who is that then? :)

I'd also love to see Kasabian live here. Or anyone decent really.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ian

well one of the ' The Prodigy ' owns a villa in Koh Samui .... maybe he will play a gig

Who is that then? :)

I'd also love to see Kasabian live here. Or anyone decent really.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ian

Well you missed a good show Saturday...Handsome Furs were stunning!

Kasabian played in KL about 3 weeks ago at the MTV Asia Awards and played a show at a small club for 200 people the next day.

Brand New Heavies played in Bangkok last month as well.

Buzzcocks are supposed to be playing in Bangkok at the end of November as well.