Baytos Is Back

sabaijai

Wish I was in town to catch this performance ! You gonna be there to Sabai-Guy ?

I am definitely missing me some Guitarman and random meet-ups with old such n suches from around town !

And is his name Baytos pronounced, like 'bay' in bay leaf, or bay like bayou ?

Sawasdee Khrup Khun SabaiJai,

Style of music he plays ? Tejano ? ... or ? ...

Is the volume there usually cranked up so high you can just stand in the street 100 meters away and hear everything ?

best, ~o:37;

Orang, check the bottom of the poster. Tex-Mex = Tejano conjunto :) plus a lot of New Orleans second-line and early Desmond Dekker/Toots-style ska. Volume not too loud, about 5 on a scale of 10 :D I hope the bucks are ready to party, it ain't a sit-down concert. Baytos is pronounced like the Spanish 'Betos,' but he's 100% New Orleans cajun.

Not advertised, but the drummer by luck is Slim Chance aka Ming Roth aka Flemming Rothaus, most recently touring with Manu Chao in Europe. He also plays with Piers Faccini (the 'French Jack Johnson' or the 'French Ben Harper,' depending on your music critic), and with Micky Greene. There will be some more surprises at Gtrman in coming months with the publican's good graces.

I'll hopefully have the 2nd best seat in the house. Not far from the ghost of realthaideal dancing Zydeco two-step.