Silent Coup Just A Rumour

george

Hello, it might be a good thing to check the internet and look for smoke in the streets before we go out on the streets. The red shirts might get angry again when Thaksin will not get his pardon. There is not enough people to support a coup this time in Thailand. The yellow, red, and blue shirts are split on too many things, and from what I have been hearing most Thai people do not want any problems like what has happened from the red shirts in the last year.

in every coup particularly in Thailand.... how do we declare that coups is success???

should we have to show at least 30 tanks??? or at least 100 infantries or maybe only a general occupied a government house????

how about the period that's make any coup success.... only a day.... a week or a fortnight????

can anybody tell me about this fact... or it's more appreciated if any of you give explain about Thai laws regarding coup....

in every coup particularly in Thailand.... how do we declare that coups is success???

should we have to show at least 30 tanks??? or at least 100 infantries or maybe only a general occupied a government house????

how about the period that's make any coup success.... only a day.... a week or a fortnight????

can anybody tell me about this fact... or it's more appreciated if any of you give explain about Thai laws regarding coup....

Coups are illegal. Then again any coupmeister anywhere in the world rips up the constitution or relvent law on assuming power and usually gives themselves a legal amnesty.

A coup is usually regarded as a success by those who carry it out if they remove who they want removed. Coups arent normally for any other reason. Sonthi et al removed Thaksin. Mubarak removed Nawaz Sharif. The Honduran military removed Zelaya. Coupmeisters usually also invoke ideas of saving the country but rarely have an effective plan to run it and often run into problems very quickly ie Thaksin's popularity, Honduras utter internatuional isolation and loss of huge EU money, Pakistan's degeneration.

Outsiders from the coup group rarely judge the success of a coup in the same terms as the participants as they tend to look to the saving the country stuff and not at the core reason of removal of person/government that the coup plotters judge it by.

All imho

If there is one thing that would be good for the country, it would be that the entire population submit a statement that they will not tolerate any more military coups and that they have been proven to not be the answer to delivering the systems or prosperity that the country needs.

The fruits of the last one are still being reaped today......

If there is one thing that would be good for the country, it would be that the entire population submit a statement that they will not tolerate any more military coups and that they have been proven to not be the answer to delivering the systems or prosperity that the country needs.

If there is another coup now It wouldnt be at all surprising if the reds and yellows were both out opposing it and not each other.l

If there is another coup now It wouldnt be at all surprising if the reds and yellows were both out opposing it and not each other.l

I wouldn't recommend it as a way of national reconciliation, but in this crazy place, anything is possible.

Ahh, but this has nothing to do with coups and it's not the generals who stand in the way of country's prosperity (but it's human nature to look for scapegoats).

>>>

For prosperity the country needs a strong and long lasting government, able to put all the factions in line, effectively shut down all the opposition and create an image of selfless dedication.

"Democracy" simply wouldn't work at this stage, only in the long run, when people are finally united by common understanding, common values and common ideals. Don't see that happening in Thailand any time soon.

To bring "prosperity" the coup makers were far too gentle to succede and Thaksin was too selfish to last.

Ahh, but this has nothing to do with coups and it's not the generals who stand in the way of country's prosperity (but it's human nature to look for scapegoats).

>>>

For prosperity the country needs a strong and long lasting government, able to put all the factions in line, effectively shut down all the opposition and create an image of selfless dedication.

"Democracy" simply wouldn't work at this stage, only in the long run, when people are finally united by common understanding, common values and common ideals. Don't see that happening in Thailand any time soon.

To bring "prosperity" the coup makers were far too gentle to succede and Thaksin was too selfish to last.

Spoken like a true 30's facist.

My wife has just informed me reliably That a coup will occur on tuesday of next week,

Also it will be anything but silent.

But i have a feeling she is refering to this household, If i go away again without taking her with me this time. :)

I can't imagine who'll lead a silent coup then.... Gen. Anupong Paojinda???

So he will kick Abhisit and give to Thaksin ally.... :):D

if past coup the army against Thaksin..... but in a current situation show that army a bit bias to Abhisit and Democrat ally...

therefore, i think coup will not happen as long as Abhisit and his ally holding a government position....

Edited by monoli87

My wife has just informed me reliably That a coup will occur on tuesday of next week,

But i have a feeling she is refering to this household, If i go away again without taking her with me this time. :)

You may misunderstood that, maybe your wife will stage a coup and take over complete power--dictatorship in your household.

My wife did that already :D

But i have a feeling she is refering to this household, If i go away again without taking her with me this time. :D

You may misunderstood that, maybe your wife will stage a coup and take over complete power--dictatorship in your household.

She was sharpening the knives last night, So i assume a bloodless coup is out of the question. :D:)

>>>

I would suggest that what Plus is describing is exactly what Thaksin tried to do, which is why many other posters came to view him with suspicion, as a potential dictator-in-waiting. :)

Worldwide it is the same: successful coup: legal (because they control the law).

unsucessful coup: illegal (the others control the law)

>>>

Or you could find more recent examples, from Chili under Pinochet, to Singapore or China, or post-Soviet Russia.

There's no prosperity without strong and stable government, and democracy takes a longer time to produce that than a dictatorship.

And yes, that's what Thaksin was trying to create - strong government, steamrolling over any opposition.

But i have a feeling she is refering to this household, If i go away again without taking her with me this time. :D

She was sharpening the knives last night, So i assume a bloodless coup is out of the question. :D:)

OK you guys, own up. How do you get a hold of the excellent animated smilies?

Kev

OK you guys, own up. How do you get a hold of the excellent animated smilies?

Kev

you press reply

left side you have 12 smilies and above you can click "show all" than a new window with :D all smilies opens.

You can click on them or you can copy it on your computer.