Single Entry Tourist Visa

After searching through all the posts on this type of visa I am still confused.

Forgive me if this has been posted/answered before but I don't want to get this wrong.

I am a Scottish bloke 49 yrs old and have allready purchased my flight ticket for travel l arrive in Thailand 23nd November 2009 and staying in Thailand until 19th January 2010.I think its 58 days total.

I am going to apply to Thailand Embassy Hull for a single entry 60 day tourist visa (the free one but its not really you have to pay £15 administration charge)

What I cannot understand is do I wait until less than 30 days before my travel date to apply for it and you have to use the issued visa within 30 days of recieving it here in the UK

This is confusing me that when the visa is issued you have to use it and travel within 30 days to get the full 60 days or is it valid for 90 days and I can apply for it say a 5-6 weeks before my travel date (you never know with the UK postal service) and still get the full 60 days.So when I arrive in Thailand I still get 60 days.

All my previous trips I have never stayed more than 24 days and have never applied for a 60 day visa before so I do not want to get this wrong.

You have to entry Thailand before the visa expires but you do not have to leave before it expires.

The visa is valid for 90 day. Hence, you must arrive within 90 day. you can stay for 60 day however old the visa is when you use it.

A visa is nothing more than a permit to travel to Thailand and your visa will be valid for 3 months. menaing you will have 3 months to travel to Thailand from the date it is issued. When you enter Thailand you get a permission to stay for 60 days, hich you can extend by 30 days if you go to immigration and pay 1,900 baht.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies,

I have applied for the visa just this week.I was going to leave it till about three weeks before my travel date but as the UK postal workers are going on strike next week I thought better to be safe than sorry.

A couple more questions I can't find the answer to after searching the forum are do I still fill in the arrival card they issue on the plane and do I still go to the usual immigration desks (as per 30 day stamp) or do I go to a different desk ?.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find the answer by searching.