Wheelchair Access In Pattaya

Quadra

Any wheelchair users out there got any info on access, housing, medical insurance, motoring(hand controls) etc. I recently sent some info to toffo9 who will be coming to Thailand early October to live but any other info re the above would be appreciated, thanks

Access pretty much depends on how mobile you are.

Streets and footpaths are not all that good, ramps, if present at all, are pretty steep.

Quads (limited upper limbs usage) will have a hard time as hardly anybody uses the 12:1 ramp ratio...

More places everyday with acceptable wheelchair access, such as shopping malls etc...

Housing, not sure there are modified houses around, google brings several up in Hua Hin...

There is a company doing car conversions, PM me for more details...

Pattaya is not as some places in the West with virtually full wheelchair access, but you can get by... Add to that the general helpful nature of Thai people!

I have an acquaintance Jens Maspfuhl who is wheelchair bound thanks to a erring motorist in Pattaya. He is committed to making things easier in Pattaya for "wheelies" & bases himself at Diana Garden Resort when in Thailand. I know earlier this year was on Thailand TV about making things better for wheelies in Pattaya.

He already has a vehicle is a firm acquaintance of the Mayor & Director of Tourist Authoriy & is setting up business in Pattaya . If you pm me I can give you his email & in fact he has a large support group world wide (several hundred ) who have been or are coming to Pattaya.

There is also an Aussie wheelie who also bases himself at Diana Gardens resort (Glen) & in fact may be there right now who also could give you a 'Heads up' . He is usually there july - August & then Nov - Feb .

I believe another Aussie wheelie has taken over a resort (Lake Mabprachan Resort ) Rod Angwin , I have his email as well. I am not wheelchair bound , just a supporter.

Hope this is of assistance

:)