Restaurants In Onnut

new2bangkok

There used to be a fantastic soup/noodle place past soi 12 over the bridge on the right hand side.

Outside dining, filled with mercs and bmws in the gravel parking lot. Large size portions-excellent!

Not sure if its still there-more likely a condo development now.

I'm living in the onnut area now for a while but i have difficulty finding some good restaurants around here. I know some buffets on sukhumvit road, the MK's at tesco and carrefour, some restaurants in hotels and that's pretty much it. Am i missing something?

Anybody been to that British Pub/Restaurant behind Lotus Onnut?

Called The British Pub I think.

It's called Toby Jug.

I google maped it once.

Head down Soi 50 or whatevr that is about 1 or 1.5 clicks. Don't pass under the expressway. It's on your left.

Pretty good place.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried a new place today in Onnut. Got to say my impression is very good. This place is near Bangkok Bank opposite Caltex, between Soi 16 & Soi 18. Eat Good. Very comprehensive menu of Thai & Falang food.. Pizza Beer Steaks French fries. Triple shop house so lots of room. Truevisions.

Very reasonably priced. A bottle of soda water is 20 baht.

I had the Chicken Cashew nut at 60 baht which was excellent.

Will try the sweet & sour next time.

Tell the guy you want American Breakfast. Maybe he'll add it to the menu.

Falang owned because no spelling errors on the menu.

Not in On Nut, but I highly recommend M Cafe at the foot of the Phra Kanong BTS station. Used to live in On Nut and go there to eat. I always wondered why it was busy day/evening with Thais and foreigners and I found out why. Cheap, Chinese-owned, amazing chef using quality ingredients. Don't bother with their breakfasts, go straight for smoothies, coffee, chicken/cashew, boonsen, fried rice, spinach with cheese and freshly made waffles. You'll soon understand! No wi-fi so people don't hog seats, free water. Oh, beware of Bangkok's grumpiest waitress in there...ponytail. She really lets the place down with rudeness. Absolutely hates life.

• 2 months later...

Eat Good.

That's the name of the place?

Eat Good Onnut.

2 Hungarians guys run it. Had the goulash. It was nice.

This place is so dang cheap. Very comprehensive menu Falang & Thai. Great Pizzas.

New Place called NP Steak has opened up opposite Toyota right after Onnut 24. Like Mobile Steak - incredibly cheap prices & good food. Try the onion rings - better than BK for sure.

Then at 31/2 is a Pizza place run by Italians. Only open for dinner.

I checked out Melon Mint - it's a yuppie place. read the menu & left.

Do I know you people? Every suggestion I would give has been mentioned. Melon Mint ... The British Joint ... Good Eats ... The only thing left to offer is that I quite enjoy the sausages and mashed potatoes opposite Tesco at the beer garden situated in the back of the market.

• 4 months later...

I found this little Oasis called ' Humble's Bar & Restaurant ' in the Baan Saran Nuch apartment building. Just inside Sukhumvit Soi 75/1, close by the famous OnNut fresh food market , 3min from Carrefour. A great place to eat and have a cold drink. Extensive & inexpensive menu international & Thai food. Very well managed by a foreigner with excellent taste of music....HAPPY I found this place.

Is the little Italian restaurant; "ON THE CORNER" at the corner of Suk. Soi 56 still in operation? It's been 3 or 4 years since I last ate there. It was just a standard shophouse style place owned by an Italian fellow and his Thai wife. He was from one of the rural provinces and claimed his food derived from there. The food was good, not great, and the portions were a bit skimpy but it was an interesting option for the area.

Anybody eaten there lately??

I found this little Oasis called ' Humble's Bar & Restaurant ' in the Baan Saran Nuch apartment building. Just inside Sukhumvit Soi 75/1, close by the famous OnNut fresh food market , 3min from Carrefour. A great place to eat and have a cold drink. Extensive & inexpensive menu international & Thai food. Very well managed by a foreigner with excellent taste of music....HAPPY I found this place.

I also found this place a few weeks ago by chance. Nice atmosphere (I like the fish pond in the garden!), and the food and drinks were good. The guy who runs it is a falang and seems to be a nice bloke. (He put the footy on the projector screen for us). It's a bit tricky to find at first because they don't have a sign out front, but it's just behind the Baan Saran Nuch apartment building on Suk 75/1. Nice oasis on Sukhumvit.

Is the little Italian restaurant; "ON THE CORNER" at the corner of Suk. Soi 56 still in operation? It's been 3 or 4 years since I last ate there. It was just a standard shophouse style place owned by an Italian fellow and his Thai wife. He was from one of the rural provinces and claimed his food derived from there. The food was good, not great, and the portions were a bit skimpy but it was an interesting option for the area.

Anybody eaten there lately??

Had food from there a few months ago, pretty average and certainly not a place to rush back to.

Much better Italian food can be found at Maria's on Sukhumvit soi 79.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for the nice comments! (I'm actually the owner of Humble's). Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. (Feel free to PM me for more details...)

Cheers!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Just moved to On Nut a couple of days ago. After being a little bit desperate about the restaurants around, I tried today with little expectations Domenico's Pizza around On Nut 31-33. To my surprise definitely one of the best pizza in town, and even better, that all for modest money. Absolutely worth to try. True value for money.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments! (I'm actually the owner of Humble's). Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. (Feel free to PM me for more details...)

Cheers!

Mike

I've been meaning to get down there Mike, I'll do so next tie in Bangkok. Maybe for the Man Utd v Man City game :-)

Cheers!

Mike

I've been meaning to get down there Mike, I'll do so next tie in Bangkok. Maybe for the Man Utd v Man City game :-)

Hi! I think the next derby is in November. Come over to my place - if we win, drinks are on me! ;)

Cheers!

Mike

Do you have a website for your establishment?

HI! Yes, (I have a FB page I use). I don't think I'm allowed to post the link here, but will PM you the details.Cheers!

Cheers!

Mike

Do you have a website for your establishment?

HI! Yes, (I have a FB page I use). I don't think I'm allowed to post the link here, but will PM you the details.Cheers!

I'd like to see it. Maybe you can put it in your profile..