Koh Samui, Chan Am.....where To

I am returning to Thailand from where I work and I wanted to "go to the beach". I was thinking of Koh Samui. Phuket is out of the question as it has gone a little too busy for me and all the other problems it seems to be having. Is Koh Samui the place to go? I want a nice quiet place where I can relax and see water and trees...I really miss trees. Chan Am? Any suggestions would be neat, thanks. First we have to go Phitsanuloke as we are either buying or building a house up there but that is another story. The wife wants the beach.

You'll probably find Koh Samui busy and has same problems as Phuket.

For peace and quite I go to:

Khanom (mainland opposite Koh Samui).

Thung Wua Laen Beach, Chumpon.

I will look them up as well. Is there a good site that has information on them? Also, any ideas on a nice five star? Not being fancy but I live and work in a poophole and I am looking for luxury right now. Also, the wife has been through a bit of a rough spot and I don't want her to have to sweat over anything.

I will look them up as well. Is there a good site that has information on them? Also, any ideas on a nice five star? Not being fancy but I live and work in a poophole and I am looking for luxury right now. Also, the wife has been through a bit of a rough spot and I don't want her to have to sweat over anything.

You could try Santhiya Resort at Thong Nai Pan Noi on Ko Phangan . A bit of luxury on a fantastic beach. Check out sawasdee.com

Cha am beach is fantastic at the moment, looks beautiful and goes on forever. It is still very busy at the weekends in Cha am even now in the low season....take a look at Pak Nam Pram just South of Hua Hin....some good hotels were doing some deals there a few months back. Cham am now has the Tara Montra which is very nice, also Methavali is great.

I am returning to Thailand from where I work and I wanted to "go to the beach". I was thinking of Koh Samui. Phuket is out of the question as it has gone a little too busy for me and all the other problems it seems to be having. Is Koh Samui the place to go? I want a nice quiet place where I can relax and see water and trees...I really miss trees. Chan Am? Any suggestions would be neat, thanks. First we have to go Phitsanuloke as we are either buying or building a house up there but that is another story. The wife wants the beach.

"The wife wants the beach." thats sounds funny, you mean "The wife wants the house". But that is another story :)

I can recommend you this:

Naiplao Beach (Khanom) i like this place so much for relaxing.....check worldwideweb naiplao.com

post-51795-1250696212_thumb.jpg

or another very nice place "Samila Beach" (Songhkla)

post-51795-1250696335_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

You could try Santhiya Resort at Thong Nai Pan Noi on Ko Phangan . A bit of luxury on a fantastic beach. Check out sawasdee.com

Wow, that looks nice. Thanks, I have to choose quick.

"The wife wants the beach." thats sounds funny, you mean "The wife wants the house". But that is another story :)

I can recommend you this:

Naiplao Beach (Khanom) i like this place so much for relaxing.....check worldwideweb naiplao.com

post-51795-1250696212_thumb.jpg

or another very nice place "Samila Beach" (Songhkla)

post-51795-1250696335_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

I was looking at the Khanom Hill Resort, anybody have any information on it? It looks nice and pretty peaceful and lot less touristy than some of the other places.