Washing Machine

repeter

My whife wants to buy a washing machine for her mother. Is the thai machines same as western, clean with hot or with cold water?

Is BigC or tesco Lotus the place to buy?

The nearest city is Kaset Wisai, but Roi-Ed or Surin is O.K

I might need someone to install it. Thay have the toilet some 20 meters from their house.

Any answers would be helpful.

repeter

My whife wants to buy a washing machine for her mother. Is the thai machines same as western, clean with hot or with cold water?

Is BigC or tesco Lotus the place to buy?

The nearest city is Kaset Wisai, but Roi-Ed or Surin is O.K

I might need someone to install it. Thay have the toilet some 20 meters from their house.

Any answers would be helpful.

repeter

Hi repeter

I would suggest NOT buying from the likes of BigC/Tesco as they know nothing about the machines they sell and if you need aftercare, its either non-existant or difficult.

The cheaper and commonly used type of Thai machines is like an oldfashioned top loading 'twin-tub.' They wash using cold water only and tend to last forever!

Better toploading alternatives are available and from well known brands. I would suggest that a front loading (with heater for water) would cost at least double the money compared to a good quality top loader.

As I live in Surin, I can recommend the big electrical shop opposite to the main entrance to the Bus Garage. Its a main SONY agent and is well signposted to that effect.

l have used them for all my electrical purchases in Surin (except Computer) and the aftersales is good. They install everything they sell

Just my opinion, Im not on commision unfortunetly :)

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

I agree with Dave, while Big C may be less expensive u would be better off with a purchase from an applicance store. I wound not however even consider a water heater. cold water is OK.

I would just use blue plastic pipe and run a water line from the pump to where u plan to keep the machine. In Bangkok our machine was out side and here in Banthago it is ouside as well, but protected from the sun.

Our machine is used all the time by our house keeped and family members, the thing keeps on working.

The installation of the machines is not that difficult. Run a water line with a valve with threads that match the hose on machine, plastic pipe for discharge line from machine (no threads), electric plug in for machine, and finally, just make sure the machine is level.

Hi Repeter,

I have a top loader (single tub), which I would thoroughly recommend (I think it's a Samsung but as I am not at home at the moment I cannot be sure, will confirm this tomorrow).

it has a 12kg capacity and is fully automatic.

also it can be plumbed into both hot and cold water feeds but I am only plumbed into the cold feed and it still does a great job.

It will cost more than a twin tub but I went through 3 twin tubs in as many years, whereas the Samsung is still going strong after 4 years.

Also the 12kg capacity is great for a family wash.

Best regards,

Tiger.

The installation of the machines is not that difficult. Run a water line with a valve with threads that match the hose on machine, plastic pipe for discharge line from machine (no threads), electric plug in for machine, and finally, just make sure the machine is level.

And

GROUND IT, with an earthcable

I can recommend the top load Samsung that uses cold water only. Ours has been running without problems for 6+ years.

Only need AC socket for power, water tap for inlet water and I guess some consideration must be given on where the outlet water gets discharged.

BigC is fine. I bought mine there. Really, get a big name, like Samsung and you cannot go wrong. Bigger is better. Remember that the normal biggest thing you load or want to load is the bed duvet. That will not fit in a 6kg machine and if you have a really big fluffy one, you'll need to look at 9kg or so.

Of course, you can get it from an independent, just don't overpay.