Good Reliable Wireless Skype Phone Where ?

mads

Hi,

I'm looking for a good reliable wireless skype phone I can connect directly to my wireless router so my computer doesn't need

to be on for me to make and receive calls.

I know I can find them on Ebay but is there anyplace in Bangkok where I can find one. If you say Pantip then please tell me what

floor and what shop.

If you know about an online Thai shop it would be even better.

If you have any recommendations for a good one please tell me too :)

I've heard good stuff about a Belkin model.

Hi Mads

I have an SMC Networks WiFi Skype phone. It works well, although sometimes I am 'available' on Skype, but end up getting an answer message (but I think that is more to do with my internet connection rather than the phone).

Not the loudest ring, but it does the job - available on Skype, with no need for the computer to be on! Have a SkypeIn number and family have no problems dialing into that, and I use it to dial out. Shows how much credit you have on the front screen, all in all I am pleased with it.

I bought this downstairs in BIG C in Phuket, (sorry can't remember the name of the store - but can dig the receipt out if you want to know more).

Cheers

royaljenny

Rather than a dedicated device, many standard mobile phones that have Wifi capability can also run skype software or Fring )www.fring.com) which means your normal phone can be used for skype at home throuh uyour wirless router without the PC, and anywhere you have an EDGE or faster data connection