Thai Airways To Fly Direct To Brisbane

george

Thai Airways to fly direct to Brisbane

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International will inaugurate non-stop flights between Bangkok and Brisbane on Oct 25 to substitute the existing services that go southward to Sydney first before stopping at Brisbane.

The change is meant to cash in on the growing traffic between the Thai capital and Queensland's capital and is part of the flag carrier's bid to enhance its Australian profile in its next traffic programme.

THAI will offer five turnaround non-stop flights from Bangkok to Brisbane using Boeing B777-200 aircraft with 309 seats, according to THAI executives.

The airline will continue to operate triple daily non-stop services between Sydney and Bangkok through the winter schedule that ends on March 27 next year, using a combined fleet of Airbus A340-600s with 267 seats and B777-200s.

Likewise, THAI will keep its twice-daily flights between Bangkok and Melbourne using B777-300s, capable of carrying 364 and 388 passengers depending on the seat configurations of an aircraft.

THAI's Bangkok-Perth service will continue at five flights a week, using Airbus A330-300s with 305 seats.

There will be no change in its Bangkok-Auckland service with the continuation of five non-stop flights a week being operated by B777-200.

Aside from the amendment for its Brisbane service, the national carrier is taking a conservative approach in planning the capacity for Australian/New Zealand networks rather than boosting capacity as it would normally do in the winter period when air travel demand is stronger.

THAI does not expect a marked increase in demand any time soon given the impact of the recession and lingering concern about H1N1 influenza.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-08-21

they used to have a direct flight to Brisbane about 4 years ago before they changed it to the Sydney stop over on the way back and the impossible departure times. 8am departure from Swampy (5am leave Hotel in BKK) with a Brisbane arrival at 11pm). We did that once and on that flight my partner had a bug in his food, no more TG after that. Along comes Air Asia with direct flight from the Gold Coast to KL, business class cheaper than cattle class on TG, closer to my home in OZ, a short stop in KL and directly to Phuket or any other SE Asia destination. Bye bye TG, after having been a loyal customer for many years they lost me for ever.

The Air Asia knockers wil come out of the woodwork again, but I have ever had a delayed flight, I obay their rules, the food is no worse than other airlines and so far bug free. :)

Thai Airways to fly direct to Brisbane

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International will inaugurate non-stop flights between Bangkok and Brisbane on Oct 25 to substitute the existing services that go southward to Sydney first before stopping at Brisbane.

The change is meant to cash in on the growing traffic between the Thai capital and Queensland's capital and is part of the flag carrier's bid to enhance its Australian profile in its next traffic programme.

THAI will offer five turnaround non-stop flights from Bangkok to Brisbane using Boeing B777-200 aircraft with 309 seats, according to THAI executives.

The airline will continue to operate triple daily non-stop services between Sydney and Bangkok through the winter schedule that ends on March 27 next year, using a combined fleet of Airbus A340-600s with 267 seats and B777-200s.

Likewise, THAI will keep its twice-daily flights between Bangkok and Melbourne using B777-300s, capable of carrying 364 and 388 passengers depending on the seat configurations of an aircraft.

THAI's Bangkok-Perth service will continue at five flights a week, using Airbus A330-300s with 305 seats.

There will be no change in its Bangkok-Auckland service with the continuation of five non-stop flights a week being operated by B777-200.

Aside from the amendment for its Brisbane service, the national carrier is taking a conservative approach in planning the capacity for Australian/New Zealand networks rather than boosting capacity as it would normally do in the winter period when air travel demand is stronger.

THAI does not expect a marked increase in demand any time soon given the impact of the recession and lingering concern about H1N1 influenza.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-08-21

And the PRICE

This is great news coming back oct 29 for awhile but to fly straight back to Brisbane will be great hope they change the departure time to a more suitable time other than 6.a.m. as well.Hate staggering out the dynasty hotel 5.00am to get to the airport for 6 then the long haul home and the shitfight at Sydanneee then up to Brisbane.Good on you Royal Thai Airways you got my money

Is that 5 flights a week? what time departure I wonder? would suit me, fly direct to brisbane, avoiding that shitfight in sydney, keep me posted .

regards songhklasid. :D

Some flight time info in here http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2009/08/thai...sydney-service/

My flight on 21st october is scheduled to leave Brisbane to Bangkok at 11.59pm arr 0600am., its also a 777-300 according to my details but my agent says that it "might' change as they have not recieved any new schedules as yet !

Nothing like planning ahead is there? :)

they used to have a direct flight to Brisbane about 4 years ago before they changed it to the Sydney stop over on the way back and the impossible departure times. 8am departure from Swampy (5am leave Hotel in BKK) with a Brisbane arrival at 11pm). We did that once and on that flight my partner had a bug in his food, no more TG after that. Along comes Air Asia with direct flight from the Gold Coast to KL, business class cheaper than cattle class on TG, closer to my home in OZ, a short stop in KL and directly to Phuket or any other SE Asia destination. Bye bye TG, after having been a loyal customer for many years they lost me for ever.

The Air Asia knockers wil come out of the woodwork again, but I have ever had a delayed flight, I obay their rules, the food is no worse than other airlines and so far bug free. :D

Dont be so naive and rediculus..........how do you know that you caught the bug from Thai Air food, perhaps the partner does not wash his hands after tiolet in the terminal...........cccccccmm on !!!! :)

Why fly THAI when you an get to BKK with a 2 hr stop over in Singapore or KL flying Malaysian Air or Singapore Air or about 2or $300 cheaper ive never seen a special from Thai air whats there problem? :)

Robbo, how much is their fare BKK>BNE?

Thai International should fly Bangkok/Cairns/Brisbane/Bangkok and Bangkok/Brisbane/Cairns Bangkok.

This would provide an alternative service to the CathayPacific Flights though Hongkong to Bangkok.

The only alternatives are Jetstar to Singapore and Air Nuigini Cairns/PM/Singapore/Finair to Bangkok.

And Cairns is an International airport.

So if one wants to travel by Thai one must go to Brisbane first. If the flight from Bangkok arrives after 5.00pm

to Brisbane there are no flights to Cairns until next day.

Cairns seems to be more interested in the Japanese and Chinese market. With Cathay one can reach the Phillipines from Hongkong.

Cairns to Brisbane is 2hrs flying time plus time on the ground.

Thai International should fly Bangkok/Cairns/Brisbane/Bangkok and Bangkok/Brisbane/Cairns Bangkok.

This would provide an alternative service to the CathayPacific Flights though Hongkong to Bangkok.

The only alternatives are Jetstar to Singapore and Air Nuigini Cairns/PM/Singapore/Finair to Bangkok.

So if one wants to travel by Thai one must go to Brisbane first. If the flight from Bangkok arrives after 5.00pm

to Brisbane there are no flights to Cairns until next day.

Cairns seems to be more interested in the Japanese and Chinese market. With Cathay one can reach the Phillipines from Hongkong.

Cairns to Brisbane is 2hrs flying time plus time on the ground.

I was thinking the same thing! Handy for me, but won't happen because Cairns is too small, but it would be good if they went a couple of times a week.

Why fly THAI when you an get to BKK with a 2 hr stop over in Singapore or KL flying Malaysian Air or Singapore Air or about 2or $300 cheaper ive never seen a special from Thai air whats there problem? :)

Robbo, how much is their fare BKK>BNE?

$855.00 with Malaysian Air taxes included I would say there is a bit of a saving in comparison to Thai Air

Well, I live in Cairns, and I have to say I'm seriously considering going 2 hours in the wrong direction to get a flight out of Brisbane.

Reason? Being small, Cairns is used as a training post for Customs/Quarantine staff, and their attitude is hostile (to say the least) to Australians returning from Asia.

Last time in, they took my computer away to do who-knows-what, all the time maintaining an aggressive line of questioning as to where I had been and what I had been doing. Perhaps they thought I had a very small Thai GF in my luggage.

Later, I officially complained, and eventually received a reply along the lines of "Australian Customs is here to better serve all our customers and stakeholders, and to achieve that goal we will do what the <deleted> we like and you'll stand there and take it."

Do not fly into Cairns from Asia unless you want to be treated as a paedophile or slave trader. :)