Retirement Extension Health Check

Hi all,

interesting situation. I live in Uttaradit and have to go now to NAN for my visa issues. My friend did his extension last week over there and was required by the NAN authorities to provide a certifcate from the local hospital that he is free of swineflu. I called Immingration hotline 1111 yesterday and asked what I need and was told that no health certificate of any sort is required. This is what I know from the past when I did my visa stuff in Bangkok.

Any comments?? :)

Thanks for the reply. Yes health certificate from a clinic is no problem, but now appearently they want swineflu teat from a hospital which is much more expensive and time consuming including xrays etc. Surely local offices can not just do their own rules?? And what if you have been infected with swineflu? You would have contracted ite here, now visa extension would be refused and you have to leave the country? Crazy people :)

Thanks for the reply. Yes health certificate from a clinic is no problem, but now appearently they want swineflu teat from a hospital which is much more expensive and time consuming including xrays etc. Surely local offices can not just do their own rules?? And what if you have been infected with swineflu? You would have contracted ite here, now visa extension would be refused and you have to leave the country? Crazy people :)

The swine flu requirement is new to me, never heard of it before and can't see any reason for it.

Phu Sing Immigration in Isaan also requires a health certificate for the 1 year retirement extension contrary to the 'rule'

On the phone they said a simple certificate similar to the one you get for a driving license is enough

30 or 50 baht at the local clinic not a big deal but 'should' not be required