Peter Reid, Quit As Thai Coach Or What?

beano2274

Evidently he sacked Thailand, though the Thais naturally and predictably want to pretend they sacked him. I wonder if there was any truth to the allegation that Reid had not received his salary for 3 months...

That certainly wouldn't be a surprise, considering he didn't even have the right visa when he forst started working here. My understanding also, and I may be wrong is that the English FA may well have been funding part of the salary, not sure if there is any truth in that though.

Evidently he sacked Thailand, though the Thais naturally and predictably want to pretend they sacked him. I wonder if there was any truth to the allegation that Reid had not received his salary for 3 months...

That certainly wouldn't be a surprise, considering he didn't even have the right visa when he forst started working here. My understanding also, and I may be wrong is that the English FA may well have been funding part of the salary, not sure if there is any truth in that though.

The visa comes as no surprise, But why on earth would the fa fund part of his salary? as you say I cant really see it.

The visa comes as no surprise, But why on earth would the fa fund part of his salary? as you say I cant really see it.

The English FA has part-funded the national coaches of Thailand for several years, I understand, which is why the likes of Reid and Peter Withe have been brought in. It's part of their commitment to developing the game in the third world (not to mention vote-buying for the World Cup bid). Apparently Bryan Robson is the new man, bringing his unique ability to the Land of Smiles and, no doubt, a welcome boost to the troubled licensed industry in this country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/8249887.stm

seems like he wanted to do both jobs. Possible? im not sure.

Very unprofessional.

Amateurish loser.

Showing himself off in the club kit, before the present job situation is clarified.

I wish him the worst of luck, and I am sorry for the Stoke fans that might read this, as it is nothing personally.

He was probably forced into doing visa runs.......

They are small, they are round, they do not score at every ground, Thailand,Thailand.

seems like he wanted to do both jobs. Possible? im not sure.

Very unprofessional.

Amateurish loser.

Showing himself off in the club kit, before the present job situation is clarified.

I wish him the worst of luck, and I am sorry for the Stoke fans that might read this, as it is nothing personally.

Nothing unprofessional or amateurish he actually had permission from FAT to help out TP for 2 weeks when he was seen on MOTD etc.

So your dislike is probably misplaced.