Technical Problems On Bts?

kblaze

Hey just wondering if

this has happened to anyone else;

I was coming back from work on the silom line heading to Siam, around chitlom stop the lights flickered on and off for a couple seconds. I didn't think much of it until I noticed the puzzled looks and saw that we had arrived at Siam; on the other side, heading to mo chit. Has this ever happened to anyone?

The title of this thread has been edited to avoid causing panic. The BTS has certainly not jumped its tracks, nor did this OP appear to intend to state that it did.

I have seen this temporary turning-off before, though I don't know when and why it is done. At least part of the time it is deliberate, as when the BTS used to reach the end of the line towards Saphan Taksin (haven't been there lately so don't know if they still do it going over the river).

They had a slight problem yesterday when I was on the Sukhumvit line, must have been around 2pm. No real drama though, stopped between Asoke and Phrom Phrong, but only for a couple of minutes.

They had a slight problem yesterday when I was on the Sukhumvit line, must have been around 2pm. No real drama though, stopped between Asoke and Phrom Phrong, but only for a couple of minutes.

Yesterday the BTS was delayed while the Princess and PM took a trip on it to open the extension.

yes i have been on the bts silom line going into siam and then the train switches over to the morchit line, i have only experienced this in the evenings,someone else on this forum might have more experiences of this at other times during the day or when they begin this switchover

haha yeah sorry mods I realized after that that title was a little too extreme.

Yes it was around 9 pm, I guess it is for the large numbers heading towards mo chit; it was just weird if anything, I just hope they never get that timing wrong

This Switch is how the Silom trains are able to return to the BTS MoChit maintenance/storage facility. Usually happens in the evening when service intervals are reduced.

Its happened to me as well in late evening and I assumed like this poster that it was being diverted to maintenance facility at MoChit.

Any updates on when the new 4-car trains (12 units from Changchun) start running on the Silom line? I had previously read Q4, 2009. While not addressing the frequency issues (is this still an issue?), it should help with capacity issues.