Is My Name On The Birth Certificate?

SimonJay

G'day everyone,

My first post and im a bit freeked out! Met a nice girl in BKK on my first visit, I go home to Aus and find out she is pregnant!(I know I know) Anyway, what do you do? she wants to have the child and so your having a baby! About 5 months later I go back to BKK to take her to a good doctor and get an ultrasound to make sure all is well. The doctor says all is well and perfect. but the age of the baby was about 2 months older than when I met this nice girl. Broken hearted I send her home. She refuses to belive that it is not my baby.months of back and forth. I gave her plenty of cash about 60 000 bhat. Eventually I told her I would write to her father and explain why the baby is too old to belong to me, SHAZAM!! she finnaly agrees the child is not mine.

My question, she knows all my details and birthdate addresses everthing. She asked if she could use my name for the baby and I said NO (on advisement)

HOW DO I FIND OUT IF SHE HAS USED MY NAME???

If she has I asume i have some cliam to see the records? and if im not on the records i wouldnt be able see the records.

How do I find out??

HELP me please!

Simon.

Sounds very trollish, but..

If you were not present during the birthcerificate write up, she cannot have used your name. You would also have to register your name and sign on the certificate yourself.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

From the research into Thai birth certificates I did, she could have specified your name as the father BUT unless you were the person registering the birth and signing the birth certificate (written further on the bottom of the certificate), you are not the legal father and you have no rights or obligations.

To become the legal father you would have to go to a Thai court and request to be legalized as the father.

So even if she presents you with a birth certificate that lists your name as the father, you are not obliged to pay anything.