Thaksin Expelled From Dubai, Fleeing To Montenegro

george

Aide: Thakskin not ejected from UAE

Noppadon Pattama, legal adviser for former premier Thaksin Shinawatra said it was incorrect that the UAE requested the fugitive politician to leave the country because it does not want to be a base for his political activities.

Mr Noppadon said the UAE has never requested Thaksin to leave, as claimed by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's spokesman Thepthai Senpong.

"What Mr Thepthai said is a lie," Mr Noppadon said. "The UAE has never asked him (Thaksin) to leave the country."

He also said that Thaksin holds a Montenegro passport and had spent a few nights in the UAE before travelling to Africa to look at diamond mines.

''He is visiting three countries in Africa, but I won't reveal what they are because I don't want Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya to cause him any problems," he said.

article: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/15...ant-thaksin-out

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 26 Aug 2009

Mr. Noppadon, please shut up! Nobody is going to believe you!

Why are you so aggressive with M Nappadon?

He's just making his job.

You want to send him to the goulag?

I'm not going to tell him Nopadon to shut up, in fact I enjoy reading and laughing at his clumsy comments. Several times he's rushed to make comments about his beloved toxin which have backfird causing embarrassment to toxin who then very quickly disassociated himself from Nopadon.

However, I will agree that very few people would believe what Nopadon says, he had zero credibility.

His hasty attempts to push the Cambodoan/Thai temple issue in a direction which would have benefitted a few Thai business men is just one example.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His latest phone-in to the red shirts took place on Monday, when he hosted a luncheon at a beef noodle shop on Rama VII Road.

From national stadiums to noodle shops ...... he'll be taking tea with Koo in a private karaoke booth next.

Interesting, for all the talk about extradition, Thailand never attempts it. Are they worried countries may want a quid pro quo arrangement ?

What has that got to do with this thread?

I asked the Ambassador to Thailand, Mr. Quinton Quale, if our Prime Minister, Khun Thaksin was "banned" from England, and replied "absolutely not".

........ there is an answer for you. Especially those trying to scare British people into believing he wants to run them out.

Second, as was mentioned before, for those of you who may not have known, our Prime Minister is and was (counting his money that is being illegally held) one of the richest businessmen in the world, self made. It doesn't take much indepth investigating to find out who the rhumor mongering, false charge making, absolutely jealous, cracking with envy rival politicians who actually started this mess are.

Our Prime Minister has enough money to last 5 lifetimes and doesn't need to be corrupt. As it has been said before, it will all come out in the wash.

BEST LAUGH I'VE HAD THIS WEEK!

So if the convicted climinal is not barred from England then why doesn't he go there?

Let's wait and see what idiot response this brings.

Bloody hel_l cyb

How about actually extraditing the guy and make him face charges INSTEAD of putting diplomatic pressure on any country Thaksin turns up in, just to kick him out. That is what any other country would do. In fact they talk about it incessantly in newspapers and on TV yet never atempt it! Sorry if you having a hard time getting the old walnut around how this concept relates to the topic.

I doubt Thaksin is actually banned from Britain or anywhere else, so to ask if he is banned will always get a no.

He had his visa revoked after being found guilty of a crime in Thailand. Whatever one wants to argue about the court verdict that is pretty much a reason the UK can use to revoke the visa of someone who was a bit of an embarrassment to them (overtly runnign a poltical campaign in the country and the Man City stuff). That they did so while he was out of the country would make any potential appeal difficult. Thaksin is no doubt not banned and no doubt quite welcome to reapply for a visa. However, actually getting one.....

The UK played pass the hot potato and moved on.

We are back to a time when speeches get made form international airspace and I doubt we will see videos that actually give away his location again. Countries like their plausible deniability when it comes to peopel using their territory to attack other countries who after all are trading partners.

Trying to look at this from a neutral perpsective.

I asked the Ambassador to Thailand, Mr. Quinton Quale, if our Prime Minister, Khun Thaksin was "banned" from England, and replied "absolutely not".

This statement is probably true. However, they did revoke his UK Visa and I doubt if they will issue him a new one anytime in the near future! :) But ban him from entering the country? "Absolutely not".

Typical diplomatic doublespeak. The Ambassador is very skilled at telling people what they want to hear, without actually lying.

Look/ and listen to the news and take it in thaksin is banned from entering the uk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...om-Britain.html

The Telegraph article is dated 8th Nov 2008. Hardly up to date information. A lot of water has gone under the brideg since Nov 08.

And, It's no only the UK - he cannot get entry to: most of Europe, Japan, US, Canada, Australia, and more. And he's been warned about his political activities by China and HK.

Well, well, well the audience dind't need to wait for long!

Soon Noppadon "the honest man, he who never twisted the truth"

appears on stage and declares the his protegé wasn't asked to leave,

he was incidentally on his way to Montenegro and whilst being bored

he made a phone call to hs favored noodle soup stall at Rama VII, where

accidentally all the other Noodle Soup Stall on Rama VII fans where present!

It's all just fairy tales and blunt lies made up by the "Dictators and the Elite",

who are out to harm him and prevent him from doing his good, samritan work,

keep the Thai populace from receiving his blessings!

And, It's no only the UK - he cannot get entry to: most of Europe, Japan, US, Canada, Australia, and more. And he's been warned about his political activities by China and HK.

I haven't found anything from Foreign Affairs saying he is barred from Canada.

His latest phone-in to the red shirts took place on Monday, when he hosted a luncheon at a beef noodle shop on Rama VII Road.

From national stadiums to noodle shops ...... he'll be taking tea with Koo in a private karaoke booth next.

LOL :)

travelling to Africa to look at diamond mines.

Please tell me this is hyperbole. Diamonds from Africa are not called blood diamonds for nothing. It is a horrible industry where workers are exploited and work in unsafe conditions. there is widespread child labour.

I have always had a bit of sympathy for Thaksin's situation because his overthrow was the result of a military coup. However, if Mr. thaksin is investing in african diamond mines he may find international sympathy will vaporize quickly.

Well, if he invests in an african diamond mine that does not have a labour and work code and gets the diamonds via the exploitation of child labour, I am sure he can then claim refugee status and kill 10 years or so waiting for a decision from the IRB.

Please tell me this is hyperbole. Diamonds from Africa are not called blood diamonds for nothing. It is a horrible industry where workers are exploited and work in unsafe conditions. there is widespread child labour.

I have always had a bit of sympathy for Thaksin's situation because his overthrow was the result of a military coup. However, if Mr. thaksin is investing in african diamond mines he may find international sympathy will vaporize quickly.

Well, if he invests in an african diamond mine that does not have a labour and work code and gets the diamonds via the exploitation of child labour, I am sure he can then claim refugee status and kill 10 years or so waiting for a decision from the IRB.

Not ALL diamonds mined in Africa are blood diamonds.

blood diamond (also called a converted diamond, conflict diamond, hot diamond or a war diamond) refers to a diamond mined in a war zone and sold to finance an insurgency, invading army's war efforts, or a warlord's activity, usually in Africa (source: wiki)

How about actually extraditing the guy and make him face charges INSTEAD of putting diplomatic pressure on any country Thaksin turns up in, just to kick him out...

What do you mean by actually extraditing him? Thailand can't "extradite" Thaksin from anywhere outside its borders - it doesn't have the jurisdiction. It's all up to the host country, and Thaksin is travelling only to countries that do not have extradition treaties with Thailand.

Or maybe "actually extraditing" him you meant sending some black ops extraction teams. Assuming Thailand has any like that, wouldn't they stand out of the crowd in, say, Montenegro?

"Thaksin is now visiting three African countries as a guest of their governments. He plans to consult on poverty alleviation and introduce economically sufficient farms."

....Nation newspaper report

What will he consult on poverty alleviation? Let's see, judging from his past history, he can advise the following:

>>>> Promise forgiveness of debt, all the while knowing it won't happen - though it's good for getting votes in the near term.

>>>> Tell everybody to get rich. He did it, so why can't they?

>>>> Take out big loans in every way possible. If you feel inclined to lie in your loan application, no problem. Thaksin is to lying what milk is to yogurt - so he's an excellent choice in teaching people how to lie and cheat and be supremely greedy and selfish.

.....as for economically sufficient farms. Well, beside the fact that neither he nor his family has ever done any farming, let's guess what he might advise:

>>>> Air freight all excess fruits to your country's consulates, and tell the employees there to eat as much of the fruit as possible. That's essentially what T ordered when there were surpluses of unsellable fruit in Thailand during his era (error) as PM.

>>>> Other surplus fruits (and other crops) can be stored in warehouses. So what if, a few years later, it might cost millions of dollars to dispose of the mildewed caked-up mess, at least it gives disposal companies a way to make extra money.

.......and so the Thaksin legacy grows and spreads, like mildewed fruits air freighted to foreign lands.

Edited by brahmburgers

Hey, he is not banned from the DRC, Democratic Republic of the Congo...now that could be a great home...some of the worst corruption, pillaging, and rampant devastation of a country and people in human history...it's got plenty of diamonds too, and lots of jungle space for convicted felons to hang out in, not to mention it even has the word "Democratic" in its name, right up Toxin's alley.

........ there is an answer for you. Especially those trying to scare British people into believing he wants to run them out.

Second, as was mentioned before, for those of you who may not have known, our Prime Minister is and was (counting his money that is being illegally held) one of the richest businessmen in the world, self made. It doesn't take much indepth investigating to find out who the rhumor mongering, false charge making, absolutely jealous, cracking with envy rival politicians who actually started this mess are.

Our Prime Minister has enough money to last 5 lifetimes and doesn't need to be corrupt. As it has been said before, it will all come out in the wash.

Perhaps Hearditallbefore accepted this job offer that was advertised recently in Nigeria:

Our client, originating from South-East Asia, is currently looking for 5 part-time Internet Forum Writers to contribute factual news to one of the region’s largest community forum websites.

Responsibilities include: searching the Internet database to gather as much propaganda as possible about our client, posting this information on news forums and reporting back all negative feedback for future analysis.

Credentials include a good knowledge of written English and a desire to spread moral well-being.

Benefits of the job include working from home, US500 dollars a month and an attractive bonus once our client returns home.

Please send your recent resume and cover letter to

[email protected]

Edited by jacobbells

Perhaps Hearditallbefore accepted this job offer that was advertised recently in Nigeria:

Our client, originating from South-East Asia, is currently looking for 5 part-time Internet Forum Writers to contribute factual news to one of the region’s largest community forum websites.

Responsibilities include: searching the Internet database to gather as much propaganda as possible about our client, posting this information on news forums and reporting back all negative feedback for future analysis.

Credentials include a good knowledge of written English and a desire to spread moral well-being.

Benefits of the job include working from home, US500 dollars a month and an attractive bonus once our client returns home.

Please send your recent resume and cover letter to

<<removed>>

:) Seriously??? From Nigeria??? Where did you find this ad?

if Mr. thaksin is investing in african diamond mines he may find international sympathy will vaporize quickly.

Not ALL diamonds mined in Africa are blood diamonds.

blood diamond (also called a converted diamond, conflict diamond, hot diamond or a war diamond) refers to a diamond mined in a war zone and sold to finance an insurgency, invading army's war efforts, or a warlord's activity, usually in Africa (source: wiki)

On his last trip to Africa in April:

"I have come to visit Liberia to explore business opportunities in the areas of mining, agriculture, and gas exploration," Thaksin told journalists after meeting the West African country's vice president earlier this week.

"I prefer to do business in Liberia because of the good business climate and the move by the country in reconstruction process," he said late on Tuesday evening.

"We want you to come and do business that will help create jobs for Liberians. We have a good business climate in Liberia," Vice President Joseph Boakai said.

and

Liberia's Information Minister Cletus Sieh told The Associated Press that Thaksin had been in Liberia earlier this week and met with the country's vice president and other officials.

"He's trying to invest in Africa and he came to Liberia to explore the possibility of investing in the gold and diamond sector," Sieh said, adding that Thaksin had arrived in Liberia Tuesday and left Wednesday.

Thaksin traveled to Liberia earlier this week to inquire about investing in diamonds, officials said, continuing his global wanderings in pursuit of business ventures. Liberia, known as a tax haven, is keen to lure foreign investors as it tries to move beyond its dark history of civil war that was funded and fueled by so-called "blood diamonds."

Liberia is one of the nations in which blood diamonds are transacted on, including deals with Al-Qeda.

- also wiki

"Khun Thaksin dismissed the report as groundless.

Well, that settles that then. :)

Settles it just as much as a certain PM settles that his voice have been "altered"...

Yes because the D Station "crack" reporting team is a much more reliable source for ethics and honesty...

:D Seriously??? From Nigeria??? Where did you find this ad?

$500 a month a kings ransom there, but you get what you pay for...

and if what is getting posted here is any indication...

time to look for a sheep herding job boyO's and girlieQ's,

cause herding Sheeple is above their abilities! :)

official visits to three countries in Africa.

Official visits? official of what country? not this one i hope.

In what capacity?

As x caretaker pm of Thailand

No, as a convicted criminal on the run.

Nobody, but nobody throws good money out of the window - thats asinine. You throw poor people out, not rich, ya never print stories about the poor.

Having said that - there are clearly exceptions as when stupidity & politicking get in the way - nobody tells Thaksin to leave any place, ever, except as I said earlier.

Even though I was front & centre at the gutless coup, it would appear, on balance, to have been rather pointless as the country has wallowed in self-pity ever since.

Ever since that time - the media has been more part of the problem, rather than the solution - and simply fuels the herd mentality a little more.

Surely there were alternatives - as we shall surely see - but doing the dirty whilst he was in NY doing God's work is surely right down there.

Treason some would call it, cowardice even, why not let him return home and then had a real bun-fight!!

Lordy - can ya only imagine the gunfire, were Dubya to return from say China and there was King Dick sitting at his throne?!

I personally took this one with a pinch of salt, before Noppadon came along and rubber stamped it by opening his mouth...

I wait for the day that he takes his first boat trip in Africa, then he can really be in de Nile.

"Where's me Paracetamol tablets, and be quick about it".