Chinese Visa

Hi,

lm planning on travelling to Shenzhen China from Bangkok at the end of September for buisness, could anyone tell me if visas are obtainable at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok or do l need to apply in the UK.

Many Thanks Mark

Hi,

lm planning on travelling to Shenzhen China from Bangkok at the end of September for buisness, could anyone tell me if visas are obtainable at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok or do l need to apply in the UK.

Many Thanks Mark

Available in Bangkok Via Embassy if you are going to fly direct into Shenzen, OR if you fly to Hong Kong and get Ferry or Train across you can get Visa on Entry very easy, Shenzhen maybe 20 Mins on the ferry which is easy fast and cheap.

Hi,

Many Thanks Mark

You can get Chinese visa at Chinese embassy at Rajchada Phisek Road, (Rajchada Phisek Soi 3 I think, where newr by Fortune Town / CP Tower 2).

Best choice for you is applying tourist visa. which take 3-4 working days or 1 day express.

Visa fee is about 1200 for normal one.

Only documents needed are passport plus photo, and you will get application form there. By the way, the office hour is 0930-1130 mon-fri

good luck

Hi,

Many Thanks Mark

Available in Bangkok Via Embassy if you are going to fly direct into Shenzen, OR if you fly to Hong Kong and get Ferry or Train across you can get Visa on Entry very easy, Shenzhen maybe 20 Mins on the ferry which is easy fast and cheap.

Do you know if UK passport holders can get the special 5 day Shenzhen visa or are we still barred with the USA,, thankyou for the info.

Hi,

Many Thanks Mark

You can get Chinese visa at Chinese embassy at Rajchada Phisek Road, (Rajchada Phisek Soi 3 I think, where newr by Fortune Town / CP Tower 2).

Best choice for you is applying tourist visa. which take 3-4 working days or 1 day express.

Visa fee is about 1200 for normal one.

Only documents needed are passport plus photo, and you will get application form there. By the way, the office hour is 0930-1130 mon-fri

good luck

Thankyou for your reply.

The last time I went to Shekou , a few months ago, I landed from the ferry from Macau and notice that

there was still a sign saying visa's could not be issued to American Citizens at this office, visa on entry office. I have not been back since so have no idea if it has changed over the past couple of months.

Be careful of the guys hanging around the Xray machine at the entrance. They wear ties, carry a bundle of applications and look "official".

I thought they were from the embassy but realized they were agents when they asked me for 4000 B.

rush in when the doors open, grab a number, fill in the form and wait your turn.

I pay 1800 B and get the visa (single entry) on the same day at 3pm

prices cud have changed recently

Hi,

Many Thanks Mark

The Chinese Embassy Bangkok is a five minute walk from Rama 9 subway station. Best not to attend on a Monday as very busy. A six month multiple entry visa for China costs Baht 2,200 and can be had in three days. The 0830 hours rush is best avoided. Arrive at 0930 hours, pick up a queue ticket and you can be in and out in five to ten minutes provided you do not attend on a Monday. USA and Thai citizens are charged twice that amount for the same visa. A visa form can be downloaded from the web. You pay when you pick up visa - go to window number one to pay and window number two to pick up. Visa charges are displayed on the right hand wall when you walk in.

The last time I went to Shekou , a few months ago, I landed from the ferry from Macau and notice that

there was still a sign saying visa's could not be issued to American Citizens at this office, visa on entry office. I have not been back since so have no idea if it has changed over the past couple of months.

l've been told the exclusion applies to US and UK passport holders but the situation was meant to be under review. Thanks for replying.

Be careful of the guys hanging around the Xray machine at the entrance. They wear ties, carry a bundle of applications and look "official".

I thought they were from the embassy but realized they were agents when they asked me for 4000 B.

rush in when the doors open, grab a number, fill in the form and wait your turn.

I pay 1800 B and get the visa (single entry) on the same day at 3pm

prices cud have changed recently

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

Many Thanks Mark

The Chinese Embassy Bangkok is a five minute walk from Rama 9 subway station. Best not to attend on a Monday as very busy. A six month multiple entry visa for China costs Baht 2,200 and can be had in three days. The 0830 hours rush is best avoided. Arrive at 0930 hours, pick up a queue ticket and you can be in and out in five to ten minutes provided you do not attend on a Monday. USA and Thai citizens are charged twice that amount for the same visa. A visa form can be downloaded from the web. You pay when you pick up visa - go to window number one to pay and window number two to pick up. Visa charges are displayed on the right hand wall when you walk in.

Thankyou for replying.