Ranong Murder Verdict

richardshane

Quote from Globe & Mail item cited above:

"Just prior to his killing, he had been working in Nigeria as regional head of safety for Noble Drilling but every three months he would spend a month with his wife in Thailand The couple met several years ago when Mr. Henry was working behind a bar in Thailand. His family has said that despite an age difference of more than 20 years, Mr. Henry thought he had found true love."

Just wondering -- is the bolded part correct?

Knowing Dale, he would have been working behind the Bar alright but on the customers side!!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading this post for a while. First i would like to say R.I.P, Dale , And best wishes to his Family,

Could somebody clarify where Ranong is, Because i go to a place called Rannong on the west coast about three hours from Phuket, people do the visa run to there from phuket. I am a little concerned after reading how dangerous the place is ,if it is the same place i think i may give it a miss next time,

One misguided soul remarked on safety in Ranong....well, I live here and so does about 50 other foreigners and none of us have had any security worries...maybe an odd break in, which can occur anywhere. Ranong is in fact a very friendly place. As you have been here before, did you have any problems??

I have been reading this post for a while. First i would like to say R.I.P, Dale , And best wishes to his Family,

Could somebody clarify where Ranong is, Because i go to a place called Rannong on the west coast about three hours from Phuket, people do the visa run to there from phuket. I am a little concerned after reading how dangerous the place is ,if it is the same place i think i may give it a miss next time,

One misguided soul remarked on safety in Ranong....well, I live here and so does about 50 other foreigners and none of us have had any security worries...maybe an odd break in, which can occur anywhere. Ranong is in fact a very friendly place. As you have been here before, did you have any problems??

I would like to echo Wombat6's comments: I have been a long time resident of Ranong and the only trouble one has is the trouble one causes himself. I have a business in town and 98% if the trouble I have encountered in Ranong has been from 'wacko' foreigners visiting the town. Dale was a regular at my place and became a very good friend of mine. Dale loved Ranong and could find no fault in the place or the people. I have said it once before on this thread but after the Tsunami, Dale loaded his truck with hundreds of bottles of water (and clothes) that he purchased himself, and set off for the remote towns south of Ranong. But I am sure many others did the same thing. But that was the Dale I knew. I only ever saw good in him and honestly could not see any bad (although I am sure there was as a little bit because nobody is perfect).

I did send out a few more pics of Dale...they were not used much...sorry to say. The most used photo was actually the worst one I have seen. Too bad...many people make judgements on first appearance. But here are some for those who knew Dale.

R.I.P. Dale.

Love the picture's

I did send out a few more pics of Dale...they were not used much...sorry to say. The most used photo was actually the worst one I have seen. Too bad...many people make judgements on first appearance. But here are some for those who knew Dale.

R.I.P. Dale.

Nice pics MJ, Dale looks the same as he did 20yrs ago. Dale used to treat me like his brother right down to the hard punch in the arm LOL, and standing up for me when a-holes and bullies were around, gonna miss him.

Last night at the pub I toasted him with a beer and told my friends about him.

RIP Dale

http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=...716171&z=11

No problem to go to Ranong City for a visa (Burma) run I suppose; this was a greed for money-murder and nothing to do with people going there for a visa-run.

LaoPo

HENRY GEORGE: MURDER VERDICT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (written on Aug. 27 and read on Aug. 28, 2009)

Translated by Nakachalet for the benefits of the family members and Thaivisa members

COMPLAINANT: Attorney General, Ranong Province

DEFENDANTS: Mrs. MaNeeRudd or Nee Henry, or Henry #1,

Mr. Amornsuk or Orr KasGaew #2,

Mr. JinDar or Paae Sae Taee #3

CASE: CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER WITH PREMEDITATION

On or around the month of January, 2552 (Jan, 2008), exact time unknown, Defendant 1, with the intention to murder Mr. Henry L. George, or Dale George, also enlisted others to commit the crime by employing Defendant 2 to hire a killer. After this collaboration and until February 3, 2008, the Defendant 2 with premeditation to murder Mr. Henry solicited and caused another to commit crime by hiring Defendant 3 et al to use a gun as a murder weapon to murder Mr. Henry. On February 3, 2551, Defendant 3 together with other above named co-defendants have had, without legal permit, thus illegally carrying and in their physical possession unknown fire arms brand and unknown size and unknown quantity of ammunitions, which were capable of being employed for firing and discharging. The Defendant 3 together with other accomplices carried out their premeditation to commit murder by using the fire arms to cause fatal bodily harm to Mr. Henry. Mr. Henry was shot at the head and expired accordingly. The police officers confiscated ammunitions as evidence. Subsequently, all three defendants were arrested. The premeditated murder took place at Tumbon BungNon, Umphur Muang, Rayong Province. Pray to pass sentences according to Criminal Codes 371, 289, 91, 83, 84, 32, 33 and according to Fire Arms Possession Acts, year 2490, Sections 7, 8 Tavee, 72, 72 Tavee.

------------------

VERDICT 27th August, 2552 (2009)

The court found Defendant 1 and Defendant 2, guilty according to Criminal Codes Sections 289 (4), 84 with the sentence of death by execution. Defendant 1 and Defendant 2 provided cooperative information which caused reduction of 1/3 of the sentence. According to Criminal Code Section 78 in conjunction with Section 52 (1), Defendant 1 and Defendant 2 are therefore to be imprisoned for life. Defendant 3 are guilty according to Criminal Code Sections 289 (4), 371, 83; on Firearms, Ammunitions, Explosives, Firework and Artificial Firearms, of the year 2490 (1947) Sections 7, 8 Tavee, 72 Third Paragraph, 72 Tavee. Defendant 3 committed multiple criminal offenses and are found to be guilty on all charges, according to Criminal Code 91—Premeditated Murder, with sentence to death by execution. Defendant 3 provided cooperative information to the investigation which caused reduction of 1/3 of the sentence according to Criminal Code Section 78 in conjunction with Section 52 (1), Defendant 3 is to be imprisoned for the entire life. On the Fire Arms possession charge, the sentence will be additional 6 months in prison. On the separate charge of: carrying Fire Arms on person into town, village or public places without proper license, and; the charge of without appropriate justifiable reason: constituted one offense but in violation of multiple Criminal Codes. The application of sentencing on guilty verdict will involve the imposition of the most severe sentence on Defendant 3. In violation of Fire Arms Code, the sentence imposed is 1 year imprisonment. Since Defendant 3 already received an imprisonment for life sentence, it is not possible to impose additional imprisonment sentence. Defendant 3 will therefore receive an imprisonment for life sentence. Properties held as state evidence are hereby confiscated. In reference to Plaintiff’s request to add to Defendant 3 sentence, sentence to be handed down from Criminal Court proceedings, Court Docket 982/2550 in red color, from Court House in Lung Suan Province; it currently appears that the case is on appeal, therefore request for inclusion of additional sentence is denied.

Edited by nakachalet

nakachalet. Thanks. :)

Does anyone know what happens to the bail money now?

Does anyone know how much was posted?

Note: Please don't keep quoting the translations by nakachalet,

it's unnecessary and we can all read the originals now.:D

Lao Poo, with 11,000 posts you should know better. :D

Defendant 1 and Defendant 2 are therefore to be imprisoned for life.
Defendant 3 is to be imprisoned for the entire life.

Life and Entire Life!! These appear to be different sentences, does anyone know the average time which actually applies to both?

Defendant 1 and Defendant 2 are therefore to be imprisoned for life.
Defendant 3 is to be imprisoned for the entire life.

Life and Entire Life!! These appear to be different sentences, does anyone know the average time which actually applies to both?

-------------

....Defendant 1 and Defendant 2 are therefore to be imprisoned for life....

....Defendant 3 is to be imprisoned for the entire life.....Defendant 3 will therefore receive an imprisonment for life sentence.

mosha

according to the verdict, all 3 defendants after sentence reduction received life imprisonment sentences....

and thrice, i went back to the original thai verdict text included in post 129, but i could not find anything further that would shed light on--whether any or all of the Defendant 1, Defendant 2 and Defendant 3 are entitled to pardon....

considering historical evidence, royal pardons rarely granted to murderers, especially premeditated cold blooded murderers....

best regards

dr naka

Edited by nakachalet

VERDICT 27th August, 2552 (2009)

.......In reference to Plaintiff's request to add to Defendant 3 sentence, sentence to be handed down from Criminal Court proceedings, Court Docket 982/2550 in red color, from Court House in Lung Suan Province; it currently appears that the case is on appeal, therefore request for inclusion of additional sentence is denied.

Dr Naka, Thanks for translating and posting the verdict! I have quoted the last few lines of the verdict here and highlited the part that I am hoping someone will clarify for me. When the verdict was first reported here on Thaivisa.com, it was said that the convicted would not have available to them a chance of appeal or pardon, (see Post #20). Is that in fact the situation?

Edited by siamiam

I did send out a few more pics of Dale...they were not used much...sorry to say. The most used photo was actually the worst one I have seen. Too bad...many people make judgements on first appearance.

Mary Jane, Yes, and often the last thing people read about someone is what they remember most. Post #96 of this thread topic carries links to three articles that were published after the verdict was announced. Two of the articles end with mentioning alleged abuse by Dale. Then there are the 'public comments' sections in other papers, where people who never knew your brother opine. Quoted below, from Post #124 of this thread topic, are the words of someone who appearantly knew your brother well.

Dale was a regular at my place and became a very good friend of mine. Dale loved Ranong and could find no fault in the place or the people. I have said it once before on this thread but after the Tsunami, Dale loaded his truck with hundreds of bottles of water (and clothes) that he purchased himself, and set off for the remote towns south of Ranong. But I am sure many others did the same thing. But that was the Dale I knew. I only ever saw good in him and honestly could not see any bad (although I am sure there was as a little bit because nobody is perfect).

...I did hear of another "handle" for Jinda...Jinda Xaetae? Have not researched yet...

Jinda Sae Tae จินดา แซ่แต้

Xaetae is likely just a different spelling of of Sae Tae แซ่แต้ when it's written in English letters since there's more than one way of representing the Thai letters in English script.

Oh alright...so confusing...to me...Thanks

Some of my Thai friends have a Thai name and also a Chinese name. I don't know if this is due to an ancestral Chinese history, but I believe so. My friends Thai and Chinese names are quite different sounding, while Xaetae and Sae Tae are similarly sounding, so in Jinda's case it may just be a different way of spelling the same Thai name with english language script, (also the fact that Jinda appears in both renditions may indicate that it is just two english spellings of the same Thai name). However, X is often found in english language script renditions of Chinese words, so you may want to keep that in mind.

To Richard & Mary Jane,

While I know it won't bring your brother Dale back, I have found your persistent efforts and willingness to share private family details through all of the trial to be nothing short of extremely inspirational. I am pleased to see that the accused have now been justly convicted and now hope that they will never sniff free air again. I hope that you and your family will be able to find peace and closure, and wish all the best for you going forward.

Cheers,

Spee

Thanks for the translation...and again sorry for not posting much but it is difficult to get my phone to load a full page of posts...The Harley or any assets have not been recovered as of yet...IHave a hearing on Sept 7 and then we will schedule another hearing which Nee will be required to attend...My lawyer is still saying she is entitled to half even though I have repeatedly pointed out the thai law in book 5 sucesscion which would exclude her due to her involvment in my brothers death...if anyone here really knows thai law could you fill me in...Thanks,

Thanks for the translation...and again sorry for not posting much but it is difficult to get my phone to load a full page of posts...The Harley or any assets have not been recovered as of yet...IHave a hearing on Sept 7 and then we will schedule another hearing which Nee will be required to attend...My lawyer is still saying she is entitled to half even though I have repeatedly pointed out the thai law in book 5 sucesscion which would exclude her due to her involvment in my brothers death...if anyone here really knows thai law could you fill me in...Thanks,

I will wait to see the relevant law posted here, hopefully some one more expert will clarify and quote the article refences.

The judges may find a way round the 50% anyway.