Soi 7 And Soi 8 Beer Bars Raided By Licensing Officers As The Bar Crackdown Continues.

Rimmer

Pattaya, August 26 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of Wednesday Morning, we joined a group of Civil Defense Volunteers who were assisting Banglamung District Licensing Officials to enforce the closure of bars open after 3am. Clearly demonstrating the bar crackdown is still taking place, a number of Bars located in Soi’s 7 and 8 were checked and were found not to be in possession of valid trading licenses. The managers of 12 beer bars were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station for processing and are likely to face further action from the licensing unit in due course. We strongly urge all bar owners to check the licenses for your venue thoroughly to ensure they are up-to-date and you have the correct license for your particular venue as the officials have promised to close down all late night venues that do not possess the correct licenses.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august..._26_08_52.shtml

Great timing BiB - wait for a recession that really hurts and then go in with another boot to the nuts. Amazing Thailand. I always found those sois fairly safe after 2pm - it's the earlier hours that are the fighting hours (oh hang on I am trying to apply logic and TIT)

a few years ago both of those sois were absolutely bursting with life and i don't know where it all went wrong but

the whole dynamic has changed? too many hotels? or just attitides of the locals in general but i'm not sure if they

will be seeing a high season any time soon. more than likely some places will be soon closing permanently.

^ And you know this because....?

Because last time I was dragged there by a friend for an early morning game of pool and a drink on the way home (about 8am :) ) we ended up getting filled in by a large group of British <deleted> who had been drinking cheap beer for the last 24 hours.

I am British BTW, as are most of the scumbags in these cheapo bars, this area just epitomises all that is wrong with Britain and reaffirms the reasons I left.

Because last time I was dragged there by a friend for an early morning game of pool and a drink on the way home (about 8am :) ) we ended up getting filled in by a large group of British <deleted> who had been drinking cheap beer for the last 24 hours.

I am British BTW, as are most of the scumbags in these cheapo bars, this area just epitomises all that is wrong with Britain and reaffirms the reasons I left.

I know i'm missing something here but i can't quite put my Finger on it...

Edited by MSingh

Because last time I was dragged there by a friend for an early morning game of pool and a drink on the way home (about 8am :D ) we ended up getting filled in by a large group of British <deleted> who had been drinking cheap beer for the last 24 hours.

I know i'm missing something here but i can't quite put my Finger on it...

so they made you feel welcome then! :)

Great timing BiB - wait for a recession that really hurts and then go in with another boot to the nuts. Amazing Thailand. I always found those sois fairly safe after 2pm - it's the earlier hours that are the fighting hours (oh hang on I am trying to apply logic and TIT)

There is no need to feel sorry for bar owners without up to date licences no matter how bad business is. They've only got themselves to blame.

• 3 weeks later...

so you frequent cheapo bars slag off the patrons and do not expect to get filled in? thank god you left you must be a walking punchbag with that attitude