Is The Us$ Destined To Collapse?

Is the US$ destined to collapse?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, dwindling alright. Tomorrow is my monthly ATM day. Another month, another few hundred less baht. 33.6 baht/$ now :D

i see 33.44 :D

Never fails, another 1-2 tenths drop before "payday"

Signed,

Joe Btfsplk

post-58274-1254277989_thumb.jpg

BTW, what's that crashing sound? :D

Thank God O is in office ?? :) I know the $USD is good hands. Yeah, right.

Seriously though, I realize my concerns are small potatoes compared to those of many others who have far more at stake.

Edited by Lopburi99

Has the $ found it's short term bottom and about to bounce ?

ECB's Nowotny echoes Trichet support for strong dollar

European Central Bank Governing Council member Ewald Nowotny said on Monday he backed ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet's support for a strong U.S. dollar.

"Of course I agree with my president (in support of strong dollar), there has always been an interest both from the side of the euro zone and the side of the US ... we have a shared interest in avoiding wide (FX market) fluctuations," he told reporters.

Earlier on Monday Trichet told a European Parliament committee he backed the argument for a strong dollar in foreign exchange markets.

"As regards the dollar, I would say that in the present situation it is extremely important that we can have in the framework at the level of the global finance and the global economy a strong dollar... The solidity of the dollar is very important," Trichet said

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNew...E58R4JA20090928

As mentioned on the Thai Economic crash thread I think, I firmly believe the THB will start a course of significant weakening in coming months(years).

Its largely dependant on the USD though in my opinion.

The US$ Index has turned up from awfully close to my aforementioned longer term support levels, but I would still prefer a further dip to meet them exactly, at either 75.6, 74.5 or 74. Lower than this would suggest 67.5/68, but Im inclined to think that a) it wont get there, and :) at those levels it would be an amazing long term buy.

This would correspond to USDTHB having perhaps making a low right now, or, if US$ Index weakens further, perhaps USDTHB could see as low as 29.50, some -10% lower than current rates.

As above in US$ Idex, at that level it would be a fantastic long term buy in my view.

Ditto GBPTHB while Im at it(i.e likely making a low now), with a 'far out' possibility of 44.00 offering a fabulous longer term buy.

post-78932-1254465876_thumb.png

post-78932-1254465898_thumb.png

Short term $ may strengthen but long term I think the $ will weaken and so Asian currencies inc Baht have some streghtening to do .

"The world’s bounciest economies have the most undervalued currencies

ONE of the biggest inconsistencies in the global economy today is the fact that emerging Asian economies have rebounded faster than any other region (the gap between their average growth rate and that of developed economies is likely to hit a record high this year), yet most of their currencies have fallen since 2008 in real trade-weighted terms. By many measures—from The Economist’s Big Mac index to more sophisticated gauges—Asian currencies are among the world’s most undervalued."

continued http://www.economist.com/businessfinance/d...ory_id=14539269

Euro zone officials applaud Geithner's dollar stance

GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Euro zone officials applauded the United States' renewed backing for a strong U.S. dollar on Friday as they prepared for Group of Seven talks in Istanbul. U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said late on Thursday a strong dollar was very important, following complaints by European finance ministers about volatility in currency markets. [iD:nN01294346] "I'm glad that he is in favour of a strong dollar. I hope he will be heard," French Economy Minister Christine Lagarde told reporters when asked about Geithner's comments. "Everybody needs a strong dollar."

"We'll be able to speak a bit about the dollar, I hope for instance in Istanbul in the next few days," she said.

The euro has appreciated 4.35 percent against the dollar EUR= so far this year, causing pain for euro zone exporters.

Asked if he was happy with Geithner's support for the dollar, Dutch Finance Minister Wouter Bos said: "Of course I am very happy."

Euro zone finance ministers and European Central Bank officials meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden on Thursday had a wide-ranging dicussion on currency policy and left little doubt they wish to see a commitment to currency stability in Istanbul. [iD:nL1607718]

"There is a very strong sentiment that we have a shared interest in a strong and stable international financial system, that excessive volatility and disorderly movement in exchange rates has adverse implications for economic and financial stability," ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said on Thursday, in comments which helped push the euro to a three-week low of $1.4502.

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 02/10/09

http://www.reuters.com/article/usDollarRpt...214206420091002

Yes its too bad, when you missed the boat. Need to find smth that is low and pile in now.

No not that boat. At that time the dollar was still worth something tangible.

Who knows but I use my eyes, ears & brain. No cheer leading needed

just the facts.

Edited by flying

Yes its too bad, when you missed the boat. Need to find smth that is low and pile in now.

Anytime in this past year there was still room on the boat

We will see what next year looks like :)

post-51988-1254509263_thumb.jpg

As opposed to the $

We will see what that looks like next year too.

post-51988-1254509461_thumb.jpg

I'm just begging the Lord for 1 USD : 3-4 BRL.... I don't care how it happens, but I won't be a member of ThaiVisa anymore and I'll start up BrazilVisa.com sorry george....... :D

Plarex: seriously, do you ever put your money where your mouth is? And did you refer to yourself as "The Creator of the Oracle" which in geekspeak is "The Architect" which any film jerk knows is a reference to God.... are you that delusional????

Jcon brother, first of all you are mentioning my tongue in cheek reply in the wrong thread, never mind.

You seem to have no full understanding of what "The Matrix" is about as seen from your reaction that presumes "The Architect" refers to the almighty, the creator or God as some say. Please read the transcript of the conversation between "The Architect" and Neo.

http://www.geocities.com/justin3eb/neoarchitect.html

The Architect clearly mentions we, could it be that "The Oracle" was all part of it? If not, who else was or is involved?

Fact is you have a choice, the only question you have to ask yourself is, why you made that choice. You are betting on a 1 USD to 3-4 BRL and begging to a fictional entity to make it happen. I ask you, who is delusional?

Anyway I am not the guy that likes flaming so please Jcon tell us why you think/feel/know that your bet will pay off in the not so distant future.

As for your comment to put my money where my mouth is I believe I showed that a couple of times and so far it turned out well.

Take care Jcon! :)

Regards,

Alex

Edited by AlexLah

I have not really followed this whole web bot deal.

Are they fairly accurate? They make some of the bears here sound optimistic. :)

Anyway this was posted by the web bot team to folks who subscribe to their mailing.

They are going out on a bit of a limb & it will interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Heads up! Reality Change Ahead!

in running our MOM (model of modelspace) cleanup of the lexicon prior to

tuning, it became apparent that October 25 turn in emotions globally will be

dominated by a [lock down/implosion] of the [planetary financial/banking

system]. The data suggests that such things a [currency trading] and

[commodities trading] as well as many other [digital trading forms] will be

[suspended]. Some will never resume, or if they do, they will be in entirely

different forms. There may be a [banking lock up] in many countries

emanating from the USofA outward. There may be [inter bank lock downs] in

which [central banks] and [wealth storage clearling houses] will not be able

to function. There are data sets suggesting that the rapid shift into building

tension language on the 25th originates from and is propelled by the

[financial system implosion] that then morphs over into [dollar rejected by

all] a mere 10/ten days (more or less) later. There may be shut downs of all

kinds of banking activity within the USofA and the rest of the anglosphere.

The [sudden/urgent travel] of the [administration (obama et al) minions] in

early November, under this MOM background load shows up as being about

[desperately trying] to get the rest of the [planet] to [loan] the actual

[resources/wealth] to [restart] the [uSofA banking system].

This MOM data set can be wrong in a way that the larger modelspace can

not. The MOM set is so small that if it is wrong it is usually widely so.

However, the data sets here are so focused, and bring in such crisp

emotional shifts relative to the same days (10-25-2009), that it made sense

to prepare this note.

If correct, this is the beginning of "The Big One" relative to the dollar and the

central banking system. Everything else in the modern world depends on

this structure...so it will be a big one throughout all of the social

infrastructure.

If MOM is correct, then the [dollar death] will be way more dramatic and

waaaay shorter than i had first thought. MOM is showing very dramatic

language shifts (albeit against a much smaller background) for not only

October 25, but also in a very sharp crocodile tooth pattern from November

4 through December 10th indicating a very very emotionally choppy time.

So, heads up! Reality shift (time/event bump) just ahead. If MOM is correct,

there will be some additional levels of [visibility] on October 10th through the

15th that will put a focus on the 'trigger' that will show on October 25th and

beyond.

Masa Katsu!

Pie up now, panic later.

clif and cathy and igor.

I have not really followed this whole web bot deal. Are they fairly accurate? They make some of the bears here sound optimistic. :D

Anyway this was posted by the web bot team to folks who subscribe to their mailing. They are going out on a bit of a limb & it will interesting to see if anything comes of it.

accurate? not at all! they forgot to mention the exact time when the global financial freeze starts on sat oct 25. my dogs think it will be 18.37 q.m. (Kronos/Klingon adjusted local moonlight saving time) but i'm not sure whether they are "fairly accurate". :)

accurate? not at all! they forgot to mention the exact time when the global financial freeze starts on sat oct 25. my dogs think it will be 18.37 q.m. (Kronos/Klingon adjusted local moonlight saving time) but i'm not sure whether they are "fairly accurate". :)

:D:D

Like I said I have heard of them? just in passing.

I guess it is a web search of current events then it formulates a likely conclusion?

In any case I thought it was interesting in that their time is so close we can see easily if any of it comes true.

It probably through its searches came up like Abrak with October being a stormy time historically?

Wonder what this model of modelspace is?

Edited by flying