Computer Monitor

Kel

Pantip Plaza, chiang mai.

Nearish night market.

Top floor. Lots of used CRT there. He says he will give money back if it doesn't work. Mine is still working very well. He also can do repair jobs on your equipment.

Remember to switch the voltage over if necesssary!

Do your eyes a favour and get a large (20") monitor. You won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

Com Plaza. Or whatever he most Easterly of the three buildings at the NW corner of the moat is called is called (Maybe icon Plaza). Ground floor, towards the back, called JMC but I think there's no signage.

Only second hand monitors.

Got a 21" CRT last weekend for B3000. Many 17" there. 3m replacement guarantee. Nice guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice - have now got the box and its a bit of an old clunker.

Was wondering if reasomably basic but reliable second hand setups would be available and at what (reasonable) price.

The young bloke is 13 with little or no experience( probably has tripple my knowledge)

I dont know whether this is right, but it was mentioned to me that a new basic outfit would be in the oder of THB19,000

Any advice would be appreciated.

All the best

Kel

> I dont know whether this is right, but it was mentioned to me

> that a new basic outfit would be in the oder of THB19,000

That's in the ballpark yes, but it depends so much on what you put in and on it... Like I'd love to spend THB19,000 just on the monitor.. :o (Next time you're at Pantip Chiang Mai, check out the 19" Sony ClearBrite monitor they have on display for 30+K baht... Drooolll... :D

But yes, a cheap and chearful system doesn't have to cost more than 20K including everything.

Cheers,

Chanchao