Better To Sell As One Plot Or Split?

My wife owns a plot of land--100 talang wah (400 sq mt) in Lak Si, Bangkok. Her brother owns the same size plot next door.

My question is: would it be easier to for her to sell her plot separately, or team up with her brother and sell both plots as one. ie.200 talang wah. Also if anyone could comment on the price of one plot, as in, could the one plot be worth more than half of the price of both plots. TIA.

Regards.

My wife owns a plot of land--100 talang wah (400 sq mt) in Lak Si, Bangkok. Her brother owns the same size plot next door.

My question is: would it be easier to for her to sell her plot separately, or team up with her brother and sell both plots as one. ie.200 talang wah. Also if anyone could comment on the price of one plot, as in, could the one plot be worth more than half of the price of both plots. TIA.

Regards.

It has been my observation that smaller plots tend to sell for more on a per square meter basis. This is usually because buying a larger plot requires more funds and because splitting a plot into smaller plots costs money. A plot the size of 100 talang wah in Bangkok is usually adequate enough for a residencial property.

Now having two plots together may be of interest to some potential buyers, but they wouldn't be willing to paid more than twice the asking price of a single plot. So to answer your question, yes it may be easier to team up with her brother but then again maybe not. IMHO, one plot would normally be worth less than or equal to the price of both plots. Prices are usually set as a price per m2 given the location.

There are, of course, exceptions. For example, one plot may be intrinsically worth more because it may be next to a river while the other plot is not. Assuming that the plots are not really any different, I would recommend your wife try to sell her plot as a separate plot.

The problem your wife and brother may encounter is the exact location of the properties.

Are they both roadside properties with unrestricted access?

Or is one property landlocked with access only available through the other property?

Usually for family members living together this isnt a problem, problems only arise when one family member wants to sell.

As a rule the property will have a value per tarang wah, so 100 TW will be 100 times the price per TW.

For a 200 TW property the price will be 200 times the price per TW. In theory splitting the property into 2 seperate plots will not increase its value, you are still trying to sell 200 TW of property.

As mentioned by previous poster, some plots are more desirable than others, its been my experience that locals prefer to purchase roadside and or corner plots if possible.

100 TW is plenty big enough for a normal residential house, a lot of house are on plots with an average size of 56 to about 64 TW, unless you venture into the gated communities.

Depends on how quickly your wife needs to sell, if at all.

I would imagine it will be easier to find two buyers interested in a 100 TW plot each, rather than a buyer interested in a 200 TW plot, the only consideration depends of course on location.