Thai Airways New Gold Top Livery (pictures)

Nasir

I believe Thai had considered this design by some lady a long time back before going ahead down a different route. The Gold top reminds me of the gold-leafed temples that are a part of the Bangkok Palace...

00004609.jpg

Click on picture for larger version

00003457.jpg

Edited by Nasir

I believe Thai had considered this design by some lady a long time back before going ahead down a different route. The Gold top reminds me of the gold-leafed temples that are a part of the Bangkok Palace...

00004609.jpg

00003457.jpg

I like the gold better than the present colors :o

The engine nacelles need colour too... white doesn't contrast with the underbody, but otherwise good.

Actually, my observation has been that the engines have typically followed the same color as the part of fuselage that they're adjacent from. Prime example would be NWA bowling shoe scheme, where the color of the engine varied from White to Grey to Red depending upon where on the fuselage it occured.

It would look nice.....but am I the only one to notice that the text box says

"Fake by N. Khawaja"?

:o

The Website "Modified Airliner Photos (MAP)" has different categories under which a picture can be listed:

New Livery = if the submitter has designed a new livery

Fake = if the plane does not exist as yet

Combo = if the plane/airline/livery does not exist

My picture fits any of the three categories. Since there is no such plane as a B747-Advanced, I chose Fake...

...You can breathe now farang :D

Edited by Nasir

Nas,

There is no positive line from Gold to White. Me think. Try putting a Thick red stripe, then a Thick white stripe and the a Thick blue stripe along the side of the plane in between those two, this would break up the blandness of the coulouration and bring out the Thai National Flag in it’s True Colours.

Start just from below the windows.

Then the Red, White and Blue Lines really break up the top and bottom colours.

Should you however wish to paint a faint black line on the top and on the bottom of the National Flag Colours (as said above) this could also enhance the plane's looks and Thailand as it's carrier.

BTW, nice, me think, Gold and White Gold. :o

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win