More Elections Next Month

It doesn't affect us non-merchant foreigners. I quite like the days when the cacophony of crap music stops blaring from all the rent-a-girl bars. Lamai really has that village feel on those evenings. They should elect someone to something every week, if you ask me.

Just heard next month on the 13th there is to be another election,one that is every 4 years and across the whole country, anybody getting bored of the elections now ?

No, i dont get bored about these elections here.

The only thing that bothers me are those stupid oversized billboards that spoiling our nature.

What dou you fear?

Perhaps that it is forbidden to sell alcohol again and the bars will be closed...... :)

Solution for tourists: Take a sleeping pill that works 2days, after wake up.....the elections are over and the bars open again.

Solution for Bar-owner: take it as it is or move to another country where there are no elections with alcohol sales ban during the year.

The future will be even more harder in Thailand

Chayaphum

Just heard next month on the 13th there is to be another election,one that is every 4 years and across the whole country, anybody getting bored of the elections now ?

What is your point? Do you expect that complaining will make a difference? They have their due democratic process just as other democratic countries do. The only inconvenience might be that bars, banks and government offices will be closed. So what?

[

Solution for tourists: Take a sleeping pill that works 2days, after wake up.....the elections are over and the bars open again.

Solution for Bar-owner: take it as it is or move to another country where there are no elections with alcohol sales ban during the year.

Must rank as one of the dumbest repies i have seen on thai visa

[

Must rank as one of the dumbest repies i have seen on thai visa

NO - I think you just beat it.

What is your point? Do you expect that complaining will make a difference? They have their due democratic process just as other democratic countries do. The only inconvenience might be that bars, banks and government offices will be closed. So what?

I thought this web site is here to bring up topics good or bad for expats, right not everyone is a bar owner or sells alcohol,but the majority of tourists visiting the island might like to have a drink or go to a night club, without the entertainment places on the island there would be a lot less people coming here, like the new guy Santi who was elected last week said " the low turn out was probably because in this region there has been a large amount of elections in the past year, and people are probably bored", if his brother was'nt found to be corrupt then there would be no need for an election, next time one of your friends come to visit the island and have a good time,lets hope its not election time again eh.

On September 13 it has an election, but only for farmers. In Thai this election is named เลือกตั้งผู้แทนเกษตรกร. But have no idea if only farmers are banned from drinking on that day, or they are allowed to cast their vote intoxicated, or all those tourists and expats can have their drinks this time. In fact, I have no idea what the farmers are voting for, why only the farmers... On Samui, it's only 1915 people who are called to this election (Source: DOPA)