Prices At Phantip

mouse

Yeah everything in Panthip is very expensive ....

I went to Malaysia last month and was surprise that they are selling the pirated cd's 50% cheaper than in Bangkok....

Prices in Malaysia

DVD9 100baht

Software 70baht

VCD movies 50 baht...

But any1 knows why in BKK everything is expensive ???? or are they all trying to take advantages of farang living in BKK....?

Yeah i think so...the Police man in Thailand must be ripping off from those selling pirated Cd's.... But its not fair you think so ???

I went to to MBk and ask a small booth owner about police man...he told me that he bribe them 8k baht per month....

But i think 8k baht is not so bad.... I still belives that the CD's seller are ripping the Customer....the cost price per CD is only 10 baht for software...DVD only 40 baht....

The guy also told me that almost all the DVD that they sold are from Malaysia which comes in thru South Thailand....

The Sadoa Customs authorities must be in good business too :o

Yeah everything in Panthip is very expensive ....

I went to Malaysia last month and was surprise that they are selling the pirated cd's 50% cheaper than in Bangkok....

Prices in Malaysia

DVD9 100baht

Software 70baht

VCD movies 50 baht...

But any1 knows why in BKK everything is expensive ???? or are they all trying to take advantages of farang living in BKK....?

I found most DVD9 in Malaysia sells at 7 Ringit, buy 5 get one free. So I would rather say 70 Baht.

Indonesia (Bali) is probably cheapest, at 10000 Rp (US$ 1,10) per piece; buy 10 get 1 free. Ends up at 35 Baht.

Amazing, that you can produce, print, pack (Indonesian DVDs come in Black Jewelbox), distribute and retail a DVD at that price and still make profit for everyone, including paying the police for "Copyright". Wonder why I ever paid 20€ or so before.....

Sunny

Prices in Thailand have always been arbitrarily high on electronic goods and other consumer products. Transportation costs, tax, the middle man? Who knows why, but it's certainly not because of labor costs. What would happen to prices if Thais started demanding an hourly wage increase?