Work Permits & Solicitors In Ubon Ratchathani

Hi

Been trying to get a WP for some time now. I have an internet cafe and therefore my own Ltd company. I am looking to do some tutoring work and have tried to get a WP in many different ways.

The first mistake was mentioning the word school, then we filled out a raft of forms and had to produce lesson plans etc etc and handed these in only to be rejected as my partner doesn't have a degree and she would theoretically be in charge of the teaching business. (2 weeks work, you would have thought they would have said at the start!)

I can get a WP through my Ltd company but it wouldn't cover teaching local kids English!?!?

Anyone else have any experiences with this issue? Am i better to pay a little bit more and use a lawyer? Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Ubon?

Is it really that difficult to tutor a few kids for some extra cash?

Many thanks

TJK

Hi

Been trying to get a WP for some time now. I have an internet cafe and therefore my own Ltd company. I am looking to do some tutoring work and have tried to get a WP in many different ways.

The first mistake was mentioning the word school, then we filled out a raft of forms and had to produce lesson plans etc etc and handed these in only to be rejected as my partner doesn't have a degree and she would theoretically be in charge of the teaching business. (2 weeks work, you would have thought they would have said at the start!)

I can get a WP through my Ltd company but it wouldn't cover teaching local kids English!?!?

Anyone else have any experiences with this issue? Am i better to pay a little bit more and use a lawyer? Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Ubon?

Is it really that difficult to tutor a few kids for some extra cash?

Many thanks

TJK

For what its worth I was in Ubon last week. It seems that no one can teach unless they have a degree. This is a legal stipulation of the Education Department and not the Immigration Department. So, even though I have a Cambridge DELTA qualification it counts for 'diddly squat' without a degree-level qualification. Meanwhile, back in the UK I am highly sought after, have been through three British Council school inspections, including managing one as DOS.

I have also taught in Thailand with just a CELTA, minus the degree qualification, but that was in the days before the great crackdown!

Can't afford a degree qualification married to a Thai with two children. So, I don't know how I would fare if I restarted teaching again in Thailand. TIT

We can probably make your work permit. You will PROBABLY need 4 Thai employees (at least registered officially) per foreigner for your company.

This is a requirement for extension based on business, but also required by many small labour department in Isaan.

Best is to send us an email. We need to verify with the Ubon labour office. We did some in Nong Khai, Udon, Khon Kaen, Korat, Buriram, Surin but never in Ubon.

You will find our email easily, on our websites just below my signature.

Seb/

Edited by Isaanlawyers