Phangan Accomm

clarkey

Hi Guys. I'm heading to KPG for a few months. I'll have a good look around when i get there in a few weeks but in the mean time some feedback as to what i can expect (am i dreaming) would be great.

I'd like to find a bungalow with T.V, fridge, near to beach, within a mile or so (walking distance) from town.

Also internet access is important, any with wifi??.

Cheers.

i just googled.... soooo many options....happy camper.

It would seem there's lots of options from Ban Tai and WokTum.

Close enough to town and on the water. Any pros and cons about these two areas???

Is any area more prone to elec outages? etc etc.

Ta.

Wok Tum and surroundings (Hin Kong, Srtithanu) are the best option. More far from party zones, much better surroundings, beaches much more nice (and more water) and a lot of big bungalows for rent monthly (TV aircon, telephone, sometime internet). But 3-4 km from Thong Sala

After living on the islands for a few years I always recommened the Milky Bay resort on Kon Phangnan to friends staying there. Swimming pool, large air co rooms, TV, gym, bar.

Seconded - Milky bay is one of the few places in KPG worthy of the "resort" label.

And as a bonus, Milky Bay is one of the few resorts around without any asbestos roofs.

Highly recommended.

If your going to be there for a few months, check yourself in to one of the many guest houses in Thongsala. Wifi all over the place there. You can buy a card if you want access in your room or just go to one of the many cafes for free. Get a bike and spend a few days looking for your perfect spot. There are lot's of choices and you can get a house for far less then renting out a bungalow in a resort. The only down fall to the house is less likely to have internet access, but alot of areas you can just buy a card to have access via WIFI.