Pattayadailynews.com

shaggs2004

Looks like the Irainians have taken subject to the Jontiem beach scandal

Web Site Hacked

No News Is Good News

Sounds like someone's skin is a bit too thin. The news media reports unflattering stories about people from every country. What do these "hackers" expect them to do? Exclude anything unflattering about people from their country, while everyone else is fair game?

I have saved a screen capture of the vandalized homepage for posterity, but the language is probably not in accordance with Thai Visa policy, so I will wait to post it until I hear otherwise.

Pattaya Daily News: fix your security holes!

My guess is they have a problem with the police photograph published of the couple on the beach

The responce in Iran will probably be stoning to death for the couple on arrival at Tehran intenational airport

I dont want to add many more comments in case i go beyond the confines of the web site

Shaggs

I wondered if i should have posted this in the "Thailand News" section may be one of the admins or moderators will advise or move this topic

I didnt post the image from the web site incase i infringed the rules

Could a Admin or Moderator please advise

Shaggs

Edited by shaggs2004

My Only worry is the "Persian Hackers" May take offence and also do an attack on this board a DDOS attack is not too hard too initiate and could take down this site reasonably easily

Shaggs

thai visa admin did send out a newsletter to 60000 members about the iranian sex beach romp... if they were going to hack thai visa they would have done it by now.

good find btw, thx for reporting it !

Edited by mc2

My Only worry is the "Persian Hackers" May take offence and also do an attack on this board a DDOS attack is not too hard too initiate and could take down this site reasonably easily

Shaggs

That's true. Because they are obviously SCARYBOYS. They really are SCARY. And CRAZY.

Qatar English language newspapers are suggesting that upon arrival back in Iran that they will both be arrested.

The 'stoning' stories are exaggerated though, it looks as though they will both receive a lengthy prison sentence and (financial) seizing of financial assets.

Qatar English language newspapers are suggesting that upon arrival back in Iran that they will both be arrested.

The 'stoning' stories are exaggerated though, it looks as though they will both receive a lengthy prison sentence and (financial) seizing of financial assets.

If that is the case, then this "news" organization has done a bad thing. :)

I'm sure however titillating this story was, that none of us would wish to see the couple subjected to Iranian "justice".

We could have had the story without identifying them. Remember , in the internet age, we can all pay big-time for a momentary lapse in judgement.

I'm sure however titillating this story was, that none of us would wish to see the couple subjected to Iranian "justice".

We could have had the story without identifying them. Remember , in the internet age, we can all pay big-time for a momentary lapse in judgement.

I totally disagree. The news organization reported on the incident, because it is news. Regardless of whether or not I think it is interesting news, they did their job and they should not be intimidated just because some other country is offended by the thought of its citizens being the subject of this kind of news.

However, if the Iranian government punishes them too harshly for this, then it is the Iranian government that is doing a bad thing. Clearly executing either of them is excessive, but in my opinion so is imprisoning them and freezing their financial assets. If they are punished to this degree, then hopefully it will at least come to the attention of the international community, and countries with influence will pressure Iran to reduce their sentences.

If this Iranian couple are justifiably afraid for their safety, they may be eligible for asylum in another country.

oevna, I think you miss my point.

The story could have been run without identifying them other than nationality. Rape and sexual abuse victims are treated in this way, although for different reasons.

The fact the story is "news" should not obscure the fact that this couple could well receive life-changing punishment in Iran for what is perfectly normal activity (not doing it on the beach :) ). If I was the editor and found out this to be the case, I would have difficulty sleeping at night.

I totally disagree. The news organization reported on the incident, because it is news. Regardless of whether or not I think it is interesting news, they did their job and they should not be intimidated just because some other country is offended by the thought of its citizens being the subject of this kind of news.

Yeah right... they should not be intimidated by the fact that Iran could possibly issue the death sentence for such indiscretions.

What planet are you from?

I understand that the journalists in this case were probably acting in ignorance, but I don't think too many journalists would have reported this with full knowledge of the possible consequences. Unlike yourself, most people live on planet Earth and do have a heart.

Yeah right... they should not be intimidated by the fact that Iran could possibly issue the death sentence for such indiscretions.

What planet are you from?

I understand that the journalists in this case were probably acting in ignorance, but I don't think too many journalists would have reported this with full knowledge of the possible consequences. Unlike yourself, most people live on planet Earth and do have a heart.

My point is that our outrage should be against Iran, not the journalists who reported on this case. I am not saying that news organizations shouldn't exercise prudence and discretion in situations like this, but where is the outrage against Iran for their policy of excessive punishment?

:D

:D nawwgghhh...they will off and on their power drills at the temples of this couple after stripping them naked in prison....remember what the usa soldiers did in guantanamao prisons....iranians and many middle easterners learn fast and furoious , you know.....they know the un charter too and the death penalty abolition advocacy of the the latter..... :)