Hotel Breakfasts, Best One In City Center

alant

having seen loads of "best runny eggs inside the moat" style topics I thought i would never ask such a think BUT as i have a number of friends coming over in a month or so i thought i should try to find who does the best breakfast so they can consider the hotel.

it is a while since i have been using chiang mai hotels so i have no idea.

pattaya is easy for this question for my opinion anyway as it is lek villa, buffet breakfast with reasonable choice from 7am until 1pm means you can brunch without rushing and the coffee is good so any help here in chiang mai?

many thanks

Edited by alant

alant .

who ????.... eats hotel breakfasts at three times the price of any coffee shop thats 500 yards away ???

if your friends cant walk 500 yards to get a reasonable priced breakfast .... they need their heads ( and wallets ) examined

enjoy your upmarket friends ..... dave2

Some hotel breakfast buffets are a real good deal IF you like their offerings, as I like to drink lots of coffee and juice in the AM, I always get my moneys worth so... my favorite is the Chiang Mai gate hotel 130 baht, salad bar, egg station,(cooked to order) bacon, potatoes, some Thai food and soup, fruit and pretty strong coffee.

Second is Raming Lodge, 140 baht, egg station, usually good Thai food, fruit etc. coffee not so good. If you stay a the hotels price included in room rate.

Some hotel breakfast buffets are a real good deal IF you like their offerings, as I like to drink lots of coffee and juice in the AM, I always get my moneys worth so... my favorite is the Chiang Mai gate hotel 130 baht, salad bar, egg station,(cooked to order) bacon, potatoes, some Thai food and soup, fruit and pretty strong coffee.

Second is Raming Lodge, 140 baht, egg station, usually good Thai food, fruit etc. coffee not so good. If you stay a the hotels price included in room rate.

I went to the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel's breakfast based on someone's recommendation here. Not very good, or worth the money. They ran out of some things and never replaced them.

You'd be better off going to Bake and Bite and ordering one meal that's always done right.

alant .

who ????.... eats hotel breakfasts at three times the price of any coffee shop thats 500 yards away ???

if your friends cant walk 500 yards to get a reasonable priced breakfast .... they need their heads ( and wallets ) examined

enjoy your upmarket friends ..... dave2

simple answer dave2 is "the ones that have breakfast included in the price" so if you want to spend EXTRA fine, i sometimes do when i want a particular breakfast but most hotel deals i see include breakfast. and just out of info, if a breakfast costs say 130baht as stated in one reply then the coffee shop would have to be less than 44baht on your reconing, where can you get that then for the full works.

upmarket? :)

many thanks for the tip daoyai, in case i didnt make it clear, i have friends coming to chiang mai who will need a hotel, not just breakfast, chiang mai gate at 900b a night inc breakfast sounds ok to me, what do you think dave2?

alant .

i dont know the chiang mai gate hotel but you could try any of these.

enjoy my breakfat for less than 60 baht : )

dave2

????? You had to go to 5 places to get one sandwich for 60 Baht ??????

Looks like a Phuket hot dog american brekkie sandwich to me.....

I could tell you where you could get a truly amazing breakfast locally, but there are rules against that and if I told you , I'd have to kill you..... and then theres the fact that there would be less for me.

:)

The Montri has a good breakfast included in the 899 baht for double occupancy.

Errrr sorry - the price per night is 799 Baht and is for single or double occupancy :)

plus tax/service?

Nope, all inclusive PLUS free pick-up from airport :D

:D

Alan,

Check out Centra Duangtawan. Very central location almost at the Night Bazaar. The breakfasts are very good and the rates available at Asiarooms.com also good rates about 1450 bht, both times I've stayed I was upgraded. Nice pool and gym too.

BTW Hope your managing to see some Burnley games in Chiang Mai

Edited by basinboy

Alan,

Check out Centra Duangtawan. Very central location almost at the Night Bazaar. The breakfasts are very good and the rates available at Asiarooms.com also good rates about 1450 bht, both times I've stayed I was upgraded. Nice pool and gym too.

BTW Hope your managing to see some Burnley games in Chiang Mai

thanks, i really rate that hotel, used to use it years ago before i moved here, my japanese ex work mates still do!

and yes thankyou i am managing to see all of the burnley games, for afternoon games at the red lion although saturday could be interesting as we are away to liverpool. 2am games are on at home!

thanks for the info :)