Contaminated Soft Drinks?

PumpuiJomtien

In the last several months I have gotten several soft drinks that have a distinct Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg) taste.

I first noticed this occasionally in Gatorade, then in Sponsor (both have less sugar than most soft drinks).

Then I got a bad Schweppes Ginger ale. Most of these I bought at the local 7/11 (I don't think there is anything special about that store, just that I buy most of my drinks there). This is in Pattaya. I'm now in BKK, and tasted a can of Scheppes Manao, with the same problem.

My guess is that traveling long distances in hot trucks might cause some reaction. Most of these are barely noticeable, but at least one was so bad it made me sick. I'd say one out of six or seven or so canned drinks I've had in the last few months suffers from this. I'm sure I'm hypersensitive to it by now. But the first few were pretty bad.

I now don't buy gatorade or the canned Sponsor.

Anyone else notice this?

PumpuiJomiten,I do not drink soda or "gatorade"But I would think that there would be a problem with the drink if it is like you said it is.But then again.....elkangorito may be looking at it as a medical problem on your side.Some times a person may smell or taste something that is not there because of a medical problem that they do not know they have.You may want to look into that also.

Edited by blue eyes

PumpuiJomiten,I do not drink soda or "gatorade"But I would think that there would be a problem with the drink if it is like you said it is.But then again.....elkangorito may be looking at it as a medical problem on your side.Some times a person may smell or taste something that is not there because of a medical problem that they do not know they have.You may want to look into that also.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Guess I'm the only one in this forum who drinks this stuff. :-)