Three Arrested On Biggest Bust On "ice"

george

Three arrested on biggest bust on "ice"

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested three men for transporting "ice", or crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride - seizing six kilograms of the drug worth Bt24 million in the largest reported bust in 10 years.

Metropolitan police chief Worapong Chiwpreecha named the suspects as Suthee "Neung Trokchan" Saeping, 23, Sitthichai Chotethewachob, 25, and Dechdamrong Wichien, 24. With the 6kgs of ice, police seized two passenger cars, and two mobile phones.

Following a tip-off by an informant, police arrested Suthee on Sunday evening. They charge he was driving a car with 2kgs ice under the hood, which Sitthichai and Dechdamrong had left at the parking lot of Big C Store's Hua Mark branch. Early next morning, police say they apprehended Sitthichai and Dechdamrong at their rented house in Sammakorn housing estate in Saphan Sung district after a search yielded another 4kgs of ice.

Insisting it was only his second drug delivery, Suthee reportedly told police he was moving a drug-carrying car from one place to another as instructed by a customer via phone calls, in exchange for a Bt20,000 payment for each delivery.

He said that after losing a factory job, he befriended a man identified only as Ek at a football field and the man suggested this job to support his family.

Metropolitan Police Area 4 deputy chief Colonel Pachara Boonyasit said the police investigation found the suspects had delivered the drug six times in the past six months and had some Bt500,000 circulating in bank accounts for each consignment. Police have not ruled out the suspects might own these drugs themselves.

Metropolitan Police Area 4 deputy chief Colonel Manthan Apiawong said this was the largest drug bust in 10 years. He said the suspects had reportedly delivered a total of 400,000 tablets of Yaba and some 40 kgs of ice, including 34 kgs of ice distributed to customers.

Office of Narcotics Control Board chief Prayong Preeyajit reported recently to a seminar on crimes and drug trafficking in Bangkok communities, there were 90,000-100,000 drug dealers or drug abusers in Bangkok. He said environments such as entertainment places or dormitory areas helped promote the widespread narcotics activities.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-07

Poor boys, just plebs... and probably dead plebs if they finger mr 'Ek'. Be a lot of drug users crying about this one i imagine.

One day it will be legal and all this wasted time, money, tax, effort and lives wont be neccesary.

(sad to think really that one day when it INEVITABLY (wether 1year or 50 years time) becomes decriminalised that all these gangsters may in fact become martyrs.)

Good bust! Big haul, it is good to see evidence that all the comments regarding the police not wanting to bust Thais and Thai crime rings is a load of hot hair.

Edited by walterego

Three young men who will spend many years being nervous everytime they bend over in the shower.

Which is much preferable and more avoidable than it would be for us to meet some of their smashed customers going off their heads on the way home late at evening.

I hope the courts take into account how many innocent people (not the scum who take it btw) might be affected by these drugs and hang them.

Perhaps, facing death and possible consequenses in the next life, they may reveal Mr Big thus ensuring an easier ride next time round.

Good bust! Big haul, it is good to see evidence that all the comments regarding the police not wanting to bust Thais and Thai crime rings is a load of hot hair.

This hoard will still hit the streets no doubt, only now this cash cow will be distributed and controlled by the police, let's face it they're are the biggest of all Thailand's criminals.

With the nation, better to be careful reading the quantity.

Last week they said a French guy got caught with 3.3 kilo in pattay, when it was 3.3 g

I stop all newspapers delivery last week after 10 year with them, the only part I will miss are the data section and the paper to laid for my dog’s toilet!

Ice is a sex drug mainly, do a search on meth

Is 'ice' the new trend?? I thought the idiots loved their 'yaabaa' Same same, but less adulterated.

In the US "ice" is more popular among users because its cheaper and lasts longer.

I am starting to wonder if things are slowly changing within the police? All the recent busts leads me to believe that there are more honest police?