Snail Pace Tot Internet In Chiang Mai

msg362

In live in Sankamphaeng 20Km outside Chiang Mai and have a 4Mb/s line with TOT which in the past has worked reasonably well with only an occasional phone call about every 2 weeks. This last ? week/ everything has ground to a halt. Inside Thailand I got 1.6 Mb/s at about 6.00 pm tonight but when I try to connect to the US for Apple or to the UK for BBC it just grinds to a halt. Last night I was getting 3Kb/s!!!

I use two VPNs to download BBC programmes: a 500 Mb programme would download in several hours, now it is taking 24-48 hours. In addition the link keeps breaking saying 'the PPP server has disconnected'

I have a mate who understands these things and has the same problem ,but he can connect via a US of A connection and avoid this issue. He also advises to have two ISP connections.

I am green in these matters, has anyone else had this problem? can we do anything except keep phoning?

This evening the 1100 respondent on the TOT helpline said that TOT have a problem with their international connection. Does this have anything to do with the Royal Thai Police/ interception?

Any help /advice warmly appreciated, I am getting really pxxxed off

MY TOT 2 Meg is crawling this evening. It's usually ok at this time of night but I've waited about a minute for this page to load and i've given up even trying to get onto piratebay. I'm downloading a fairly well seeded torrent and where i should be getting about 150 kB/s i'm getting about 12 so after this post I'm giving up for the evening. My sympathies are with you.