Thai Wife Under 21 Not Eligible For Uk Settlement

I know this might apply only to a small number of TV members but for those who it might effect read the link below and note that it applies to everyone under 21 from outside Europe who marries a British person.

BBC.

Apologies if this has been linked to before but I could not see another post on it.

Edited by roamer

I think giving your occupation you might have a vested interest in this. I just watched a BBC Newsnight interview with the person in question leaving the UK, it was made clear...even given powerful UK MP support she would not be allowed back into the UK until 2011 on any visa. Given those factors and the vetting and guidelines involved I would say there is zero chance of any Thai citizen under 21 married to a UK national entering the Uk.

But then again "zero chance" never prevented any "immigration consultant" from trying and charging for it.

As this forum is read by other people than just British nationals it should be pointed out that the under 21 rule does not apply to husbands, wives or civil partners as dependents of points based system migrants or to applications made under European law where in both cases both partners must be 18 on the date of entry to the UK.

TVE is correct that a family visit visa may be granted for a person under 21 as a spouse.